1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Start/kill Switch

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by RickyX, Mar 20, 2017.

1. I have fitted an RCS m/cylinder and have a quick action throttle on my 1098R.
    Due to the design of the RCS m/cyl (it is "straight" from the bar compared to the original one which is slightly angled) and also the throttle cable shroud, there is a very slight interference between the brake lever and the throttle assembly.
    I need to fit a "slimmer" kill switch to allow slight re-positioning of the throttle.
    Question: does anybody know the exact type of wiring connector I will need and also where to get one please. It appears to be a black "block" type connector.

Cheers,
    R

2. Rick,

I had RCS brake and clutch master slaves on my 1098R when I bought it. When I put the standard switchgear back on the bike the levers interfered with the switchgear and I had to put the original masters back on th bike too. The switches that worked with the RCS masters were the bikesport development ones.

I also have the QA throttle.

IMG_3463.JPG
    IMG_3467.JPG
    IMG_3466.JPG

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. upload_2017-3-20_22-8-51.png

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Cheers @Nelson , order placed!

5. Spent the morning in motorcycle zen wiring my new start/kill switch to the connector and then installing on bike.
    Switch from WRS in San Marino. About half the price of the Bike Sport Development one and it also tskes the place of the m/cylinder clamp so saves space on the bar. DSC_0463.JPG DSC_0463.JPG DSC_0465.JPG DSC_0464.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  6. Really like those switches, but always thought them sooopid money!

7. €98.00
    Still silly money but only about half the silly money of one from BSD.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information