1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098s Wont Start. :(

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Dee Cee, Jan 22, 2017.

1. would this be the same on the 749, ' cause when mine does not prime there is no click ( ing ) at all from the relay.

2. Thanks for the help Derek.
    Once I have test lamp, im doing a bit more testing. Loom then fuel pump. :smiley:

3. For a test lamp I use a 21w indicator bulb with 2 wires soldered to it. One with a croc clip for gripping a battery terminal, the other with a bare end for probing. Pretty basic but works for me.

• Useful Useful x 2
  4. UPDATE:

So, the bike is fixed.

After work, daddy day care and having a bout of man flu, I got to working on the bike again the other day. Started working through everything I could, stage at a time. Suspecting that the loom had a fault but decided to check fuel pump first. Drained tank, dropped pump out and tested this, dead! WTF this is a new item. ( As I had decided to fit a new pump along with filter etc. And replace internal fuel line clips with better items. )

So I still had the old pump so put all that together and turn key, perfection. The bike primed as it should.

Thanks to all who offered help. Big thanks to Derek for detailed help/info.

Right, get this baby MOT sorted and taxed and back on the road for the spring. :grinning:

:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 7
  5. Good news you've got the bike going. You never expect a new item to be faulty. Can you make a warranty claim on it?

6. Yeah it just goes to show, just cos a part if new you should still test it.

Its only 3 or so months old so will be chasing this up. See what happens.

7. Result

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information