1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098s

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Steve m, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Also mirrors and plate are removed because as someone said it's been a ornament and look 100 times better without.
    Every standard part is here in same condition as the bike.
    Same old story people ringing and texting saying they want the bike but don't want to pay 9k..... well you can't have it then??

• Like Like x 1
  2. But you are asking for £8999 and have an offer option set - so surely you should expect offers? On a private sale on a bike asking dealer money (if indeed this is the case) then I would expect people would be offering £8k. If you want £9k firm your advert needs changing, no point getting all upset. ;)
    Also try on here, you might get a packet of Wotsit's offered :upyeah:

3. Oi, I've got my eye on those Wotsits ! :Hungry:

4. read the ad at the bottom.everything is there.. why mirrors are removed, no unreasonable offers very little time.
    Part of selling something I suppose... filtering out the time wasters.
    I didn't get upset either, I just ended the conversation because I have no patience for certain characters

#24 lukefrs, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Does it mention wotsits :Wideyed:
    To be fair when you construct your add with a 'make an offer' button, it is the wrong approach for your current objective. Your comment at the end shows your annoyance and doesn't portray a professional impression. It appears you even stopped communication with an interested/serious buyer who asked for further details. Spending that amount of money you would expect every detail requested, I know I would.
    Have you asked the dealer if they would take a small commission and display it for you, this would be a good route to achieve a higher price perhaps?
    Only trying to help, not criticise, the fella posted here for advice as he was clearly interested and you appear to have put him off - from what he wrote he didn't seem like a time waster to me :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ok thanks for your advice mate

• Like Like x 1
  7. Does look a lovely example @lukefrs If I were looking for a 1098 It would be on my radar, sometimes its worth paying a little extra. I looked at it on fleabay a few days ago. Might get a few more hits if you list it as Ducati not Duacti :upyeah:

8. 60k may buy it

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. didn't even notice that

10. Yes, I'm totally genuine, and only live aprox 25 miles away from the seller, so ideal really
    As I said, I asked if he had the previous mot's for the bike, to which the reply was ' you are not quite understanding the nature of this bike'
    He's asking top top money, so I was merely questioning wether he had all the paperwork
    He obviously didn't like the question so gave a very defensive / non sensical answer, don't you think!?
    Time wasters & dreamers can also be sellers, as well as potential buyers ! ...certainly is in this case
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. That does seem a little off tbf - why not make up and give a little on the price and both be happy :)
    Seems like you mistook a serious buyer for one of the messers for some reason.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Agreed @Steve m If the bike has been laid up and not been used, then just say that. No need to be defensive, like you say.

Good luck in finding one mate. There are plenty of good ones out there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. It wasn't the questioning of the old MOTs, even though you asked the question again once I'd told you I did not have all old mots, it was everything leading upto it and the sale advice.

When I'm serious about buying something I call the buyer and talk with them.

And if I lived that close I would have called and gone to see the bike.

Iv had some right idiots asking about the bike and patience was thin during my small amount of free time.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information