1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 11/12 Vs 13/14 Comfort Seats

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Technomad, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Having decided to hang on to my 2010 for a while longer (more on that anon), I've decided to treat it, and our backsides, to comfort seats. Looking on eBay and here, I'm seeing many more rider and passenger comfort seats available for the 13/14MY bikes. So is there any difference that I should watch for? I hear that the locating pins are longer on the earlier machines - is that the pins on the bike for the rider's saddle or the locating pin on the pillion seat?

Thanks!

2. My (heated) Sargent seats are still available...

3. The different seats that come standard on the 2013 Grantourismo model are excellent....... 850 miles plus in a day without pain for the rider.....the passenger seat was covered in tents and shit so no idea of its comfort level :)

4. I use my 2010-2012 seats on my 2014 PP, not sure you can the other way around.
    They are a slightly different shape (front).
    The saddleman is my favorite, unless it is raining.
    +400 miles in one sitting ...no issue.

5. There was a subtle change to the design of rider's comfort seat pad on the 2012 (single spark) model that left a gap between it and the passanger seat pad if you tried to mix the early MYs. The 2012 rider's comfort seat pad is way better than standard seat pad although still a trifle narrow to fully support my large bum. Andy

6. Hi Richard.
    Yes you can fit later seats to earlier bikes, just fit them as a pair as Android says.
    I have pictures somewhere of the comparison (might be on Andy W's website).

When you lift off your early pillion seat, the riders seat has a rubber grommet right the way through. On the later seats this is a blind hole because the front of the pillion seat doesn't come forward so far, so would expose this.
    Regarding the alloy peg, you can either buy the later short version, or just cut your one down.

I have my early style touring seats fitted on my 2012 bike. The seats were changed in 11 or 12, not when the dvt came out.

Hope that helps. Shout if you want me to dig out the pictures.
    Cheers,
    John.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information