1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 1199s Quick Shifter Issues

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Scorpione67, Aug 6, 2016.

1. I'm finding my quick shifter on my 1199s a little 'clunky' even at higher revs. Has anyone changed there's for an aftermarket one or does anyone know if the 1299 shifter fits? I like the idea of going up and down.....

2. Check the alignment - mine works fine even at low revs. There is a product called a blip box if you want a down blipper but I'm not sure if really needed - I don't miss one on the track.

3. Just had a very similar problem on my 1199 which lead to clutch not working at all turned out that the clutch slave cyclinder had a tiny leak all changed now and as smooth as anything feels like new

4. I've had problems with my 1199S quickshifter several times. I also had problems with the one on my new 1199R jamming up on track yesterday. I have a HM shifter that I brought off of one of the guys on here which I'm going to fit as I've had enough of the stock ones being unreliable as you sometimes end up over reving if it drops out of gear due to the quickshifter playing up.

5. Get the dealer to check the detector switch. Just got my 1299 back with new qs detector. Can't believe the difference and can't believe I didn't notice the incremental worsening of my first one until failure.

Honestly had forgotten it was this seamless up and down.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. Mine is in for service at the end of the month and tbh I've never been blown away with the 899 shifter, although the 1299 is obv a much more advanced unit.

The other thing I'm going to ask them to do is sync the throttles again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. I was having issues with mine with throttle issues when at slow speed and small throttle openings. To the point power will just drop off and the bike would want to fall over. I mentioned it when it went for first service and it came back worse. Popped in to see them at JHP for some advise from an alternative dealer as was told I just need to learn to turn the throttle. JHP advised it needs resetting and throttles setting up.

8. mines great, (1199s)

9. Check the switch housing is not fouling the actuating arm on the gearbox shaft as the clearance is tight at best.

10. How did you find the HM shifter Royal? I just posted up about changing my 1199 to race shift as it now feels better to me & the STD Ducati one seems to be absolute dirt compared to the HM stuff (i ran HM on my ZX6 Race Bike & loved it). I'd actually much rather spend a bit more on an HM for the Ducati than but the Ducati 'performance' part - Cheaply made & just works the opposite way

11. I've not fitted it yet mate, it was missing one of the parts when I bought it and I havn't had time to sort it out.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information