1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200r Quickshifter

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Pav438, Jul 21, 2016.

1. anyone put one on yet?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Not yet....but thinking about it. You?

3. Yes I would like to loved it on the panni does Ducati do one?

4. I'm not sure Ducati do an aftermarket one for the 12R (I could be wrong), but there are other manufacturers that do. There have been some recent posts in the forum about quickshifters

5. Just ordered a translogic one I'll let you know what it's like when I've fitted it.

6. Great - I'd be very interested on how it goes.

7. Mee too, the 1200R just screams for a quick shifter.

8. Is there a Ducati aftermarket QS for the 1200R?

9. It's a bit weird that it doesn't have one surely? Especially being the track focused version and the lengths they went too elsewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Yeah, it was one of the major 'complaints' people had, that an 'R' specced 1200 didn't come with a QS a standard. Ducati's response was they were trying to keep the price down. At over £15K for the base model, I'm sure most people wouldn't have had an issue if the bike was a few hundred £ more for one to be installed as standard.

11. For sure yeah, I'm not knocking it, it's a lovely bike but just think they threw the kitchen sink at it, may as well have done that.

My suspicious mind says that the quickshifter caused a few issues in the 1198sp gearbox by all accounts and maybe with all that power and torque it's pushing the gearbox to its limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Saw a post from Louigimoto on Facebook the other day bemoaning yet another lunched gearbox, due to a quickshifter...

13. how does it affect the warranty?

14. I guess worse case is it could potentially invalidate a warranty. I personally wouldn't risk it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I know my local Ducati dealer has fitted an aftermarket QS on a 1200R. I haven't asked about warranty but I will. This is in Sweden though so other warranty rules may apply in UK.

16. Just talked to my Ducati dealer. They told me that if you (or they) have fitted an aftermarket QS and it is found to be the root cause to a gearbox problem, Ducati might not accept the warranty claim.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Was it easy to install?

18. i had a friend fit it ,but i understand it was straight forward to fit ,the big problem was removing the tank etc
    my friend is used to working on bikes as he owns my local bike shop
    in the past i have removed the tank etc on my monster 798,but the 1200r is much more a handful to take apart ,i would not try it myself without help from someone who works on bikes

19. Having listened to the way a few folks use their QSs, I'm not surprised that they're knackering their boxes... TBH I don't know what the fuss is all about, but then I've never had one. I seldom use the clutch for upshifts once I'm moving and for downshifts I just use the clutch, or don't, depending upon the circumstance.

Other than for bragging rights, why does a road bike need one? Isn't this like flappy-paddling but for a bike? Perhaps I need to ride one and get clued in.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information