1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1995 600ss

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by bigmike, Mar 18, 2017.

1. you were right I found a fracture in the float assembly. Sorry mate no disrespect

• Like Like x 1
  2. This is how to measure the fuel height -

First you have the float bowls off, then one at a time keeping the carbs upside down, turn the respective float bowl around so there are only two bolt holes lined up with the bowl hanging off the carb - fit it to the side where the float assembly is pushed in the carb body.

Then tip the carb body while still upside down so you can see the process of the float touching the needle and compressing the tiny sprung loaded plunger in the spring. The float should just touch the plunger and not push it in, so you have to experiment with how far you tip the carb.

Then measure the float height as shown in the photo - it shows about 14mm, but set it at 12.5 - 13mm - (you may have to re-adjust the float heights once you have found out how the bike runs).

You can make your own gauge for measuring from a couple of old credit cards - see other photo.

Set your pilot screws (if they aren't stuck or the aluminum washers and O-rings aren't missing) at 2.5 turns out from fully closed (don't overtighten to close them) - but with a Stage 1 Dynojet kit fitted expect them to be about 3 - 3.5 turns out. You will only find out how far when you balance the carbs while the engine is running (prepare to burn your arm when balancing / adjusting tickover)
    float measure.jpg FG.jpg

3. good stuff thanks. Ill let you know after I fire it up.

4. This is the 600ss complete thanks to you for your help with the Carburation
    advice.

complete (7).JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. ANYONE LIKE A GOOD READ WHEN NOT OUT ON YER BIKE, I WROTE THIS BOOK AFTER MY SON WAS KILLED WHILE HE WAS WORKING OFFSHORE DENMARK 2009. I SPENT 5 YEARS CHASING THE COMPANY FOR JUSTICE ALONE COULD NOT AFFORD SOLICITOR.

excitingday.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information