1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured 2003 999

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Magoo, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Hi everyone, ive taken the plunge into a 2003 999 with a few bolt ons from the previous owner. this beauty replaces my 2008 hayabusa and will sit along side my 2003 Z1000, which ive owned since 2005. i was hankering after a V twn for a while and nearly bought an Aprilia RSV1000 factory, but the sheer beauty of the 999 had the deciding factor!! it arrived 3 weeks ago and ive amassed 5 miles... its cold down south!! im aiming to do some trackdays on it and have booked Donington in late July and will also book Castle Combe as its my local track.
    I live just outside of Bath, so any locals around give mne a shout!!

Looking forward to reading some interesting stuff and a lot of nonsence i hope!!

upload_2023-11-30_11-55-21.jpeg

• Like Like x 14
  2. #2 chrisw, Nov 30, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  3. it certainly does... and it looks like youve looked after it impeccably!! looking forward to some brighter/warmer weather to see how she goes.

4. Hopefully you got the stack of paperwork that goes with it

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yep, loads of it, great to see the history...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome

• Like Like x 1
  7. Welcome into our mad house :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alright Magoo, welcome

• Like Like x 1
  9. Welcome to the forum.:)

• Like Like x 1
  10. You wont be disappointed there :)

Welcome.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. You’ve picked a good in if it’s Chris’s old bike. You wouldn’t have found a more looked after bike than his. :)

12. That look just gets better with age……
    Make sure a pic (and more) goes on the 749/999 gallery :heart_eyes:

13. Certainly will

14. Pretty sure it is, and that is sooooo good to know, cheers

• Like Like x 1
  15. Welcome and congratulations. Born and raised in the Uk I live in Canada now but this place is the forum of choice for me. Seem like good people without attitude and egos. Enjoy your 999!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Not many of us z1000 owners out there...!

17. Still love my orange beauty...
    2.jpg

18. Yep - had a gen1 in the same colour (very nice sir). Had a few bikes then ended up with a gen4 which ive had for the last 6 or 7 years or so...i still say it and say it again...best all round bike ive ever had. Ruffle some feathers on here but id say the streetfighter stole the look of the gen4 along with that shit Honda naked that just came out....a low rent bad copy at that...i apologise for the unused area of the tyres by the way...in the winter ive got some shit ones i put on for the 2 mile 15-30mph journey to work into the centre of town...think ill try some of those new S23's when the warmer weather comes along...
    20220903_210941.jpg

#18 comfysofa, Dec 7, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
Do Not Sell My Personal Information