1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 2010 Multistrada 1200 Abs

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Derek, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG] Click this bar to view the original image of 1171x957px.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Click this bar to view the original image of 1200x873px.
    [​IMG]

After 4 ½ years of ownership I feel that it is time for a change and my 2010 Multistrada 1200 ABS is up for sale. This bike does not have the electrically adjustable suspension – less to go wrong [​IMG]

It has taken me round the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany and to Italy and back and has never let me down.
    At 21,000 miles the horizontal cylinder head developed a porosity in the exhaust port causing a coolant leak. Both cylinder heads were replaced by Ducati and it has been fine ever since.
    It had a full Ducati service history when I bought it with just over 15,000 miles on it. Since then I have done all servicing including valves and belts myself. As I do this sort of work for other people and have worked on many Ducatis I am well acquainted with the work required, as many of you will know.
    The next service will be a Desmo service and is due at 45,000 miles. New chain and sprockets (42t rear) were fitted 5,000 miles ago. The rear shock lower bearing was replaced less than 1,000 miles ago.
    The only fault is the usual one for Multis, some of the idiot lights glow dimly when another one is lit and the neutral light is intermittent, it shows in the LCD though.

Features to note:
    • Full Termi exhaust system with race ECU. The header pipes have been ceramic coated.

• Factory heated grips with Spider Grips rubbers fitted.

• Eagle Screens winglets – A big help in reducing turbulence.

• CNC reach adjustable brake and clutch levers.

• Standard and lowered seats

• Panigale LED rear indicators

• Auxilliary LED front lighting

• LED Dip and Main beams

• R&G Crash protectors all round

• Radiator and Oil Cooler guards

• Horizontal cylinder head / Coil protector

• Scottoiler

Current mileage is 40,400. It has a full 12 months MoT next week and has just had brand new tyres fitted.

Asking price is £5,950. NO OFFERS.

I also have available 2 panniers in red which I am offering separately at £350

#1 Derek, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
  2. Now listed on eBay at the slightly reduced price of £5,950, the cheapest MTS1200 on sale in the UK, with a full 12 month MOT and brand new tyres.

3. Good luck with the sale :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Good price for a well looked after machine - GLWS Derek :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. I sold my 2010 Ohlins S model with near the exact same accessories two years ago for less. 32k miles, just had the big expensive service.
    That's a lot of money for a base model IMHO. Very clean looking bike give the mileage. Nice to see one with that has actually been used.

6. The 2010 base model doesn't have ABS. Mine also comes with a full Termi system which would be worth £500.

7. Virtually every Mts1200 sold had abs.... I've only found one in the last 7 years without,
    I'd say the Exhaust is worth more than £500.
    Good luck with the sale. Very clean bike... perfect choice of accessories

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. I am having no success with selling so far. So I am now offering the bike without the Termi and back to standard. It has brand new Avon Storm 3D X-M tyres front and back and a full 12 months MoT.
    The asking price is now £5,400 or £5,700 with the panniers
    [​IMG]

9. The bike is now for sale completely back to standard condition. It has to go, so asking price is now down to £4,900 or £5,200 with the panniers. You will not find a better priced 1200 Multi anywhere.

10. Now sold :)

11. Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information