1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT 2016 Bike Has Hill Start Function

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Nigel Machin, Sep 7, 2016.

1. im all in favour of some electronic assistance, riding a multi with pillion and full panniers and top box can be a challenge from a standing start on a steep hill. I like to keep both feet on the floor as in the past the "suck" from a truck passing has had me unbalanced.

2. Hey, I bought my 1200S in October 2016 & can confirm it DOES have the hill hold feature. The only time I've used it is at traffic lights to aid balancing on slight incline while wiping the torrential rain off my visor.

3. Mine is from April 2016 and doesn't have hill hold.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Might be a silly question, but do you know how to activate it ?

5. Squeeze the brake leaver hard when at a stop, or a good stamp on rear brake, orange "H" lights up on dash:grinning:

#25 Nigel Machin, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  6. A friend of mine has a 2017 model. And he does got hill stand

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

7. A good jab downwards on the rear brake will show if it has it when the engine is running!

8. That's the 2018 model, of course not std on the basic model or 950 ;)

9. Does it always work or do you actually need to be on a hill?

Mine seems to decide when it comes on or not, maybe I am not on enough of a slope.

10. Sometimes on the trail you can't find a place your foot on the brake at all. This would come in handy. I am not about to ride trails with a 1200cc bike though. I have toys to do it with.

11. Maybe European models only? I have a 2016 S Touring and can't for the life of me get it to activate. Tried everything. Any other tips? Can anyone get it to activate while stationary and flat say in your garage?

12. Maybe European models only? I have a 2016 S Touring and can't for the life of me get it to activate. Tried everything. Any other tips? Can anyone get it to activate while stationary and flat say in your garage?

13. I have August 2016 S, you need to clear the dtc warning lights from start up then it's just a case of coming to a stop and giving the lever a good squeeze into the grip. Works on the rear also but it's awkward at the best of times :)

14. Thanks Nigel. I'll give it another shot but nothing I've tried has worked. I don't have any active warning lights at start, or anytime for that matter. I can't find mention of it in my owners manual but did find it in the 2016 Enduro owners manual. What's funny is that I can't find it in the United Kingdom "S" owners manual either. I'm a very experienced rider and have never used or needed it before but it would be nice to know I have it and give it a try and understand how it works just in case.

15. As Nige says, you must pull away first and get the bike rolling, then at first junction or hill etc, pull the brake lever, it's shit anyway cause it does not stay on long enough even for a traffic light situation. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Yea that's what I'm reading too. Stays on too short, deactivates without really knowing if you're actually ready. I'm probably better off just riding the way I have been the last 30 years without a problem. Thanks for everyone's help and input.

• Like Like x 1
  17. The 10 seconds delay is not really long enough. 20 or 25 seconds would be more helpful. Perhaps there will be a software update to deal with this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. If I'm going to use it and mostly do with missus and luggage, I hold bike on front brake and when ready to pull off, just give it a squeeze to activate and then pull off, the 10 seconds is plenty in that scenario :)

19. It's currently shit but I'm sure the italian's will fix it so it stays on till the clutch is released I presume. I do like how it can be 'jabbed on' using front or rear brake.

20. Or, until you decide to pull off

Do Not Sell My Personal Information