1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Ducati Average 4.8% Price Increase

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Monners, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Cheers Brexit, at least there are less immigrants to steal our grannies and rape our expensive motor bikes.

IMG_8038.PNG

IMG_8039.PNG

2. £800 on a 1299
    Wonder if it'll add a few quid to second hand values though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. the one and only reason exe would of voted for brexit :Angelic::smileys:

• Like Like x 3
  4. KTM and BMWs aren't raising their prices. Brexit has nothing to do with it. Has no-one noticed that Ducati is now about the most overpriced badge out there? Audi have tried to turn the marque into a luxury boutique brand. Everyone keeps telling me my 1290 Superduke is an overpriced bike, completely failing to notice that its £1500 cheaper than a 1200R Monster and the 2017 model which has been substantially updated with new cylinder heads, new suspension, completely redesigned electronics and new body work has only gone up by about £300, and KTM always offer substantial end of year discounts. When did you last see a current model Ducati with £2000 off?

• Like Like x 1
  5. I don't really want to focus on brexit but everything else u say has a valid opposite argument. KTM offer end of year discounts often because they change colours etc but the knock on is that there used values take a hit. Any brand that regularly performs discounting will suffer from that. I know for example that I would be a total idiot to go and buy a new KTM 1290r until next winter, and I know others that agree. so they are releasing a brand new model that people will just wait a year to buy!

It's the same as Suzuki, the GSXR's have been at 0% for as long as I can remember because once u start doing it, people just wait.

I don't disagree that Ducati are expensive at all, but I would much rather pay £1k more than for an MV and not have to wait months for parts and travel bloody miles to find a dealership!

6. I was in my local dealer today to pick up a part. The sales guy I'm friendly with couldn't really hide his embarrassment at the near £10k price tag for a Scrambler Desert Sled.

As above, this is a lot more to do with Audi than Brexit.

7. Good good value of my bike might go up and eventually I'm gonna get a Yamaha or some shit anyway.

8. True, haven't noticed anyone moaning that the R1 that was £12k a few years back is near 15k or the same for the RSV4 that was £13k and is now £18k

9. It's really surprising that the change is as little as 4.8%. The pound has dropped roughly three times that already. Still, the importers could always resort to a further increase half-year if push comes to shove, especially if all the other marques' importers do the same.

Fancy a Triumph, anybody?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Wow, didn't know they were making an R model, 10k :Jawdrop:

11. How does it work out if you were to buy in Europe and import yourself?

12. The same as you will have to convert currency

13. Sure. But are Ducati the same price in Italy, Germany, France, Holland, etc?

And if so, are there any tax implications or is that all ok pre-Brexit exit?

And given current exchange rates, does it work out cheaper or more expensive?

14. Obviously this is all theoretical for me as I'm under "pain of no sex" if I were to buy a new Ducati.

15. I haven't had sex for a long while and I haven't bought a new Ducati so your are not missing anything :Bag:. Andy

16. But you have bought a 1098r recently and while in my opinion that should result in lots of sex in my house it would result in -sex.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Does that mean you have to get married if you buy a new Ducati?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Pricing in different countries is quite complicated. For example, I bought a Subaru in Holland in 2000, Holland was the best place to buy, as they have, on top of VAT, a luxury tax. If the base price was the same as other countries, Subaru wouldn't sell any cars in Holland , so they 'discount' heavily there, so that once you add VAT, luxury tax etc, it is similar to the rest of Europe. If like me, you are importing to the UK, you don't pay the local taxes, just the VAT when you enter the UK. Back then, I saved £7k on a £21k car. (Back then the exchange rate was a lot better)
    I looked at getting a Range Rover at the beginning of the year from Belgium, but at €1.40/£ the saving was negligible , obviously it is worse now!
    It still irks me now that landrover can punt one over to America , where they sell for about £15k cheaper than here!

Cheers
    Dave

19. Just Ducati corp greed. Had nothing to do with anything else.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. I do agree that Ducati purposely price their bikes high; it's part of the brand I suppose but this aside why do so many people think it is greed from Ducati when the value of the pound has dropped massively more than the price rise?
    Our money literally isn't worth what is was six months back. Most companies will have hedged themselves against possible currency fluctuations, but that's probably only going to last until the spring and then we will likely be hit harder.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information