1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

600ss Wont Start

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by lincs lad, Feb 26, 2017.

1. 94 600ss wont start. fuel problems i think need advise on where to start. i get fuel to the float chambers but nothing to the cylinders. bike will start with carb cleaner in the intakes. any advise you guys can offer will be much appreciated

2. Float needles stuck? Gummed up carb jets? Did you drain the fuel over winter? If not its maybe congealed in all the passage ways and the carbs will need stripped. Whats fuel presuure like?

Its most likely jets or float valves that are blocked

• Like Like x 1
  3. If the fuel has got into the float bowls, it is unlikely to be a pressure type of problem - that would only occur once the engine was running and the float bowls were emptied (mine would do 1.5 miles minimum on full float bowls - I could switch the pump off).

If it is actually in the float bowls and they are full, then I would look at blocked idle and starter jets circuits - even if the choke mechanism is 'OFF' I would at least expect a single bang here and there and/or smell of unburnt fuel from the zorsts.

Main jets don't really come into play until the revs are above 2500 rpm, as the pilot circuit does the idle and low revs running, so the needles don't lift much - however, I would still look at the main diaphragms to see if they are OK.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information