1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 /998 Tank To Frame Alignment

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by bettes, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Got some of that at work! Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Just ran out of time tonight. But looks wrong as is...

IMG_2884.JPG IMG_2888.JPG
    But the rubber seal does seam to be in contact with the tank. There's about 8mm between the screw / rubber stop at the front and the tank.

3. Mines not much better from new. It does seem a little low at the back maybe. If the seal is new then it will take time to settle down.

You may have a mark\outline on the bottom of the tank when you remove it from the rubber seal, this might help in seeing where it is not fitting as well as it should\could.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. I put the new type rubber on my 748 and couldn't get it to sit right at all. It looked shite so I put the old one back on.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cheers lads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Yeah I'm wth Chiz on this one,I too put the new type seal on my 916,looked terrible from the side huge gap between tank and air box.i ended up fitting a foam window seal strip,amazing seal,cheap and lots of others have done it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. I'm sure it would work fine but just keep an eye on the condition, you don't want the bike ingesting bits of it if it starts to break down or come unstuck...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Had a bit of spare time to get stuck in... took the new type seal off and fitted some draught excluder. Got the tank to sit a lot better, tank's in contact with the front rubber stops on the front of the airbox and seems to be sealed. Not 100% sure this is the best solution but will see how it goes. Just had a look at the std airbox and it still has the thinner seal still on it. Might go back to using that and a thin strip of draught excluder fitted to the tank where the seal touches...
    Also fitted a couple of spacers at the back of the tank to lift the back end a bit higher.

Cheers, Ian
    IMG_1876.JPG IMG_1878.JPG

9. That looks a lot better.
    Steve

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information