1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 848 Cutting Out/running Rough On Idle

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by daz1963, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Hi folks, hope someone can help.
    my beloved low mileage 848 as had its first ride out since September last year. always garaged and started regular. went for a ride and came to a junction and just started to idle quite rough as though it was running out of fuel and then cut out. restarted and seemed ok, a few miles on and another junction and same again, went home and put in garage. went to garage today and fired up, run smooth for 10 minutes or so and same again. never ever give me any problems before. any pointers as to what it maybe?
    Thanks in advance. Daz.

2. crap fuel maybe, or sticking flapper valve

3. I was thinking fuel. but my mt09 has been laid up for the same length of time and filled from the same fuel station and runs spot on.

4. But its not a ducati ;)

Normally you would get a yellow warning lamp of the valve stuck but no always, so it ifs fitted I'd start there with stripping and lubing

5. :smiley: that's true.

6. Fuel filter?

• Like Like x 1
  7. many thanks to all, considering its just been run every now and again over winter and not had a good ride and the battery probably not spinning over as fast as it should I think plugs are a good starting point.

8. Water in the fuel??

Do Not Sell My Personal Information