1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 848 Power

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by slinky848, Feb 17, 2017.

1. It was like an electronic limiter that kicked in when I revved hard and dumped the clutch. Try it and see. Never had anything kick in once moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. I am not sure it is. But if it is, I'd imagine it works like most do: ecu recognises the gear it's in and only allows fuel to the point of say 90% power irrespective of throttle action.

3. You have stumped me. What you are talking about is a wheelie control thing.

I'd recommend slinky you don't rev hard and dump the clutch!! Or if you do, have a mate film it ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. ok at least i know that then,

and nah im fine on the whole, dump the clutch side of life. just wanted to know if the limiter worked in any other way

5. its my first sportsbike, its my most expensive bike ive bought, and its the biggest engine ive owned, wheeling isnt really a thing for me on it yet [emoji16]

6. If JH is talking about judder, that's just clutch control. I can tell you that even before my last Evo was custom mapped I could race start the bike easy: 7k revs, bite point and dump and it would take off no issues at all all the way to the redline

7. my question was related to, in gear, clutch engaged.

full throttle is there a limit to the throttle/fueling as standard

8. 58 plate 848, no wheelie control I know of.

It was a handful of times that when trying to pin it away from the lights, before I'd fully got the clutch out, it would decide now and not apply power.

I'd then pull the clutch back in just enough to let it bite and then release it slower. If I tried to release it too fast right away again, it would put me in some weird bucking clutch throttle scenario.

I distinctly remember looking a right numpty on the north circular. Some lorry was admiring the bike so I thought I'd gun it for him. Silly twat that I am, it just went nowhere [emoji41]

9. That's clutch matey imho nothing to do with power restriction. Happy to be proven wrong :)

Gixer 1000 had a restriction in first 3 gears, so you had to fool it to thinking it was in 5th all the time (easily spotted normally as gear indicator on dash always 5) and that was too end power iirc

10. I only thought it electronic as when I mentioned it to the dealer, that's what they said.

I should know never to believe a dealer [emoji6]

11. I could be wrong, have done a few race type starts md never an issue and the old tri options fellas often didn't (was illegal to) have ecu mapped and they managed ok ;)

12. Only difference between the tri-options guys and myself, is skill. They probably just rode skilfully around the bikes limits rather than repeatedly running head on into the metaphorical wall [emoji6]

• Like Like x 1
  13. I can't decide if this thread is just a wind up. Clutch dumping; failing to out accelerate lorries; not as fast as a ER6. All very odd :confused:

• Like Like x 2
  14. My 848 was white, I thought they were the fastest [emoji31]

15. out of pure interest, how many bikes have you owned with more than 50bhp?

16. I've proudly never owned a road bike with less than 100+ ponies

50bhp? I'd rather walk :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. you never owned a 125?

18. Only when I was about 14 years old I had a Cr125 mx bike. I've had a few mx bikes but they're not road legal.

20. CBR600RR, CBR1000RR, Street Triple R. KTM300EXC - think that was just over - animal of a 2stroke! So 3/4. I'm not massively quick on a road bike, but not slow either, done a handful of trackdays - mainly inters. Better off road - raced Enduro which helps to some extent, but is ultimately very different

Do Not Sell My Personal Information