1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Delivery Due Wednesday

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Spikelikemike, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Hi All,

Had my 2nd 21st birthday last week and after test riding a 959 went out on an 899 circa 3.5k cheaper from a main dealer.....and had to do the deed!

Be gentle.....I passed my test in May 2015 and have done a few miles on a Harley 883(waits for the banter....) and can't wait albeit I will ride in wet mode for a good while

Any do/donts you can give me a heads up on......and issues I should look out for?

Thanks in advance

Mike

2. Hello,

great bike!

Do's = ride it. enjoy it.

dont's = don't crash it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ha ha thanks I'm banking on that!

4. Very nice, enjoy :)

5. Thanks

Any of you guys in Essex fancy taking me out for a gentle ride and give any advise / shield me from the traffic!

That sounds so wrong :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Welcome. Harley to Ducati? I'd say that's a step, a very big step, in the right direction.

7. Cheers Wally

Funnily enough the dealer asked how that happened!!!

I referred to a conversation my test instructor had after he passed me......he commented on the way I rode that I would soon be fed up of the Harley....should of listened but it's "ticked off the list"

8. Welcome, good choice of bike.
    You will love it

9. Very wrong. Maybe it was a slip of the tongue from when you last cruised down Compton Street in Soho.
    Welcome

10. When I passed my bike test I booked myself on an advanced bike course (I can't remember which one) it helped with confidence and lowered the cost of my insurance.

11. Thanks I think.....

12. Dealer suggested that too, any recommendations in the Essex area

13. T
    Thanks and yes I think so....the suspense waiting for delivery is killing me especially with the next few days decent weather!

14. Did you trade the Harley against the Duc?
    I wonder if that's ever happened before. :D

15. I bet, went out on mine today & bloody loved it! Easy to forget what an awesome bike it is when you've not been out for a couple of weeks. At least you've got the spring to look forward too.

16. :thumbsup: Ha ha good call, let's just say it's not the only 1 there....and I went to 2 dealers lol

17. Harley :Jawdrop:

Plenty of guys I'm sure will be waiting to take you out gently :D
    I hear they are very friendly especially with their tassels

18. Easy now I'm a "Virgin" ^^^ :tearsofjoy:

19. Welcome Dave :)

20. Cheers Rodders.....lol

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information