1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 899 Gearing

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by layton20, Dec 28, 2016.

1. hi
    I have just purchased a 899 and started changing it to track spec. and just woundered what ratios would be best for portimao as I'm off there in april, on previous bikes I have ran -1f +1 rear. (is that the same as running +2 on the rear?) also if I do decide to go -1 +1 what will I be loosing top end mph
    I know this has been cothered before but I have not found anything on -1+1

thanks in advance

2. -1 front is roughly the same as +2 on the back, I have no idea regarding the gearing for portimao but I will say that with a standard chain I couldn't get a +2 rear on there, so I'm trying a +1. If u do drop the from to a 14t u could probably run a +2 rear but I imagine that would be really peaky!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Www.gearcommander.com stick it in there and choose your configuration and it will tell you impact on speed, gears, revs etc

-1/+1 is like adding 4 to the rear. :)

Portimao is fast corners. Imho I'd drop one off the front and start with that

4. thanks for the feed back, yes I think -1 on the front will be a good starting point for me then :)

5. I've gone 1 up on the rear and found it much better at low speeds through traffic

And seems to pull harder as well. Getting decent air time in second gear now.

6. I only ask as iv not long had the bike tbh and I was just a bit disappointed with the low down power as we all know over 7k is fine I would just like a bit more fun getting there :)

7. At portimao I'd leave it as it is in my opinion, it struggles for top end as it is

8. Going up one on the rear certainly seems to give mine a bit more punch

9. Depends on pace. Sure if front of fast group but most won't be. Better to use all the gears than short shift before full power or not use the top 2 :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information