1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

900 Ie Belt Covers

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by richgilb, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Anyone got a spare set for sale?

2. Are they very different from the carby Rich?

3. It's a bit like the chain guard scenario. It's not clear but every now and again it appears that on some bikes there is a 2cm difference in length on the rear cover. My 1100 has completely different covers so heaven knows what is on your DS.

I seem to be getting requests for it about once a month now. Maybe the ie is finally coming into its own

4. I dont have spare ones but will have a look to see if theres an obvious difference.

5. It would be good to know if yours are identical to your carby ones. I bet they are not, though

6. Rich, will get back to you

7. According to the Stein Dinse part list, the '99 900 SS Ie use's the same belt covers as the '94 - '95 SS - Rear - 24510071AB / Front - 24510061A
    This the same as fitted to the '93 & '94 900 Monster, Monster 900IE, 907IE and ST2. These are the ones with the removable access windows in.
    The 1000 SS ie uses the same ones as the Monster S2R Rear - 24510321AB / Front - 24510331AB - Without access windows

Very handy and helpful site - Stein-Dinse GmbH Ersatzteillisten

8. Rich, I had a quick look last night. They appear to be the same moulding although the carby has the removeable windows whih the IE does not. Carbys black and the IE is grey. They look interchangeable, however I would want them off and side by side to say for sure. Its the same engine more or less so I cant see them being different as regards mountig holes
    Ian

9. I'm afraid the Stein Dins site only threw up more confusion with the chain guard. It also told me my disc bolts were different lengths to what actually were on my bike. I don't trust it.

10. The look like they will fit Ian, but there is a 2cm difference in length on one side of one of them for some bikes. The proof is when they come off and you get a ruler measuring the hole distance.

11. gave a set away on ebay recently had to list them for months before somebody bid on them went for under £20 including postage

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information