1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

900ss Half-faired 91 - Post No 1 - Mechanical!

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by DucatiChappie, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Thanks Desmoquattro - that shock may well be needed, though I'm going to have to have a good, long look at the existing shock before I'll know whether or not it is needed. Is the Showa standard on certain years or an upgraded spec? I think the existing shock is a Sachs.

2. Yikes - proper upgrade, though not perhaps if it has a leak and would need to be rebuilt anyway. Hmm...

3. The Ohlins is a good buy even with a rebuild, however still expensive. The more common shock is the Showa, cant remeber when the Sachs was fitted

• Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome to the forum. I would definitely keep an early 1991 as original. Most of us have found that restoring these costs more than they end up being worth now. But you get a 'new' bike for cheap. The return on investment will come in 10-20 years. It is also a fun project and you learn lots!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sooner than 10 to 20 years, much sooner :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Maybe, depends why it's leaking.

I bought an Ohlins for my 916 that had been on a low mileage 998, it appeared to be in excellent condition but was leaking a bit of oil so I had it serviced by Ktech.

It was leaking because the pushrod had a chip in the chrome, (more than likely caused because the donor bike had been run without a hugger), IIRC a new pushrod was over £100...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information