1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 916 Decals

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Haydn, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Can anyone advise where to get hold of genuine or good quality aftermarket decals for the 916.

I will soon need a replacement headlight decal, and all three seat unit decals.

Also just to check, did the monoposto seat units have the Central Ducati decal above the rear light cluster?

Thanks
    Haydn

2. They're all still available from Ducati. Not silly money either. Yes, the central stick is showing up on the mono seat. Might depend upon year, but it's there on the parts list

3. I ordered a full set for my 1993 900ss for about £50 from The Image Works The Image Works Vinyl Graphics which have been used by quite a few on here.

The have a massive range and the decals were a perfect match in terms of colour and size and of good quality. If I were being particularly picky, the upper serif on the 'C' of Ducati is a little too long, but you'd really have to be a bit of a spotter to notice it to be honest.

4. + 1 for Image works.

5. Thanks for the replies. I managed to get all the stickers from Moto Rapido for a very reasonable price. If anyone has the genuine monoposto seat unit with the white number boards (SP model?) does it have the rear Ducati sticker? Or is there no room for it with the number boards coming together?

Thanks
    Haydn

6. Hi Haydn
    I have a '95 SP and yes there is a rear Ducati sticker on the top of the monposto unit near the tail light. Can get u a pic tonight if needed.
    Laz

7. Thats interesting that original graphics are still available from Ducati. I got some from Image Works and good as they are - they're not perfect and so still haven't been used. The silver and gold is a flat colour where my bike has a sparkle/glitter look to the silver and gold and as i only needed to re-do one side i haven't used them - got new fairings instead, with bellypan :Happy: I do intend sorting them, but left side needs a bit of plastic welding :( after a low speed off in Germany. Goddamn cold Pirellis!

Image Works were very approachable and asked if i can send a pic of the 'sparkle' which has proved a lot harder than i thought, and they will try and re-do them!! Think ill try Ducati for a 'real' set now i know they available!

8. Ducati graphics are more complex than they seem, the 748SPS has some unique graphite graphics that I have never seen emulated.

9. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417473034.115175.jpg

#hayden did u get a decal for the rear mono seat? This is mine, hope it helps.

10. Thanks for that Lazza, i can give that pic to the painter. Yeah i got the decals from ducati. Good price too.

11. Did you? How did you get them, email Ducati UK or Italy? How much?

12. Just from Moto Rapido. About £6 each i think.

13. #hayden is that per side or per sticker? And is the silver and gold on them sparkly? I got a set before but they are flat colours where mine have like a glittery look

14. Ill check the colour tomorrow. Approx £6 per sticker with the VAT. Ill dig the receipt out too. I orded the front nosecone decal, the tail decal and 2 x del mondo decals.

15. Ok thanks for info

16. That looks a bit off center to me.
    OCD.

17. Yeah it does - it's how I got it!

18. Some stickers vary by year model so it's always best to quote the year of manufacture, not when it was registered, and even the chassis number if need be.

19. Ah that might help. Mine was reg in May '95 so possibly a 94 build. The set of stickers I got from Image Works were good but not quite right, mine are glittery, the new ones were not. As far as I know mine is original, tho I've only had it since 2006

20. Several areas will have dates of parts manufacture, check the bottom of the riders seat pad first it should have a date of manufacture on it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information