1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

939 Tyre Pressure

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Count duckula, Aug 21, 2016.

1. i run frame or there about. Seems fine, even in the cold damp conditions of yesterday - never so much as a squirm and got a bit carried away at times.

2. I will give that a go tomorrow then. Thanks

3. Frame recommendations seem good and the tyres are getting a nice look to them as I scrub them in. Slightly more compliant over the bumps too. Thanks Gusto

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rode the Hyper for the first time today and wasn't that impressed with the feel. Checked the temps when I got back. The tyres were warm but not hot. The rear was 44 and the front 38!!!!!!!

I have knocked the rear down to 30 and the front to 35 and see how that affects things.

5. I have now done 750 kms hills and back lane scratching on my SP and still pretty happy with 30 Rear and 33 front so far. I would reduce things a bit further when I get round to a track day but frame settings seem pretty good and I am pretty close the the edge of the rear now. The front still has a way to go interestingly but probably no bad thing!

6. The front will always feel vague and loose, even worse at speed.

That's supermotard geometry. A bike for hairy chested men with large gonads.

Pulls a fooking superb wheelie and grinds pegs in its stride.

When I pull mine out again in March it'll feel all new again. :sunglasses:

7. I am happy with feel of the front steering, what I meant is that it seems that the front tyre does not scrub out to the edges to the same degree as the rear tyre. Just done 1000kms today on a DOC ride here in SA so the first service and the upper rev range is calling me!

8. My rear is destroyed to the edge. The front still has 5mm unused. I found the absolute limit of ground clearance at silverstone and bent my gear lever by grounding it out.

I don't think you'll get the front to the edge.

:grinning:

#28 Rjkc600, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  9. Seems like that will be the case. Better to lose the back than the front!

10. Update, got home after first service with the Ducati dealer, 1100kms up and the tyre pressures were adjusted back to 38 psi Rear cold and 36psi Front cold!! The conspiracy continues, will talk to them next week. Backed them off to frame pressures again!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information