1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 998 Wiring Help And Parts Required Air Mass/temp

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Quarrybends, Feb 18, 2017.

1. My 998 is about ready to fire and i've a few issues to get around.

As the bike was purchased in kit form, i've nothing to work from and the wiring diagram is only helping to confuse matters

A; which wires on the loom go to the side stand
    B: it doesn't appear to have an air temp sensor
    C: i doesn't appear to have an air mass sensor (i do have a air mass from a 748 but no suitable plug so i guess this part changed on the testastretta)

Thanks in advance,

Martin

2. Can't get at mine at the mo but I can tomorrow I'll let you know what the switch wiring colours are, the air mass & temp sensor is different, there isn't a mass sensor located on the header tank, I think it's a combined unit it sits under the headlight housing and uses a 4 pin Ampseal connector

• Like Like x 1
  3. Martin
    A Two wire lead with Red-Black and Black cables going from the loom between the cylinders to a three pin plug LHS of vertical cylinder (for the side stand safety switch). May be an extra section of aftermarket wiring here.
    B Air temp and air pressure is one combined sensor located under the headlight bucket
    C Neither the 748 or 998 have Air Mass or MAF sensors like you get in a car, they have a throttle position sensor, air temp sensor, air pressure sensor and crank angle sensors. The 998 has air and pressure in one sensor. The 748 has separate pressure and air temp sensors one is under the headlight bucket and the other just below the steering damper

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks gentlemen, I found the sensor in the bottom of a box and twigged which wires to short to trick the bike into running.

It sort of lives (just need a fuel pump o ring )

Do Not Sell My Personal Information