1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Refurbishment

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Cream_Revenge, Oct 28, 2016.

1. What do you think??...

2. that bad huh?

3. Turns out, primer shows up every single little imperfection you never knew was there.............

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Well it's not working so far...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Metal tubing finally turned up from eBay (really should pay more attention on things coming from China) so made my little spacer and fitted the steering damper. One more little job complete.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Did some spraying of CF rear hugger and V-piece. Final pass and a big dolop of paint fell out of rattling can right in the middle [emoji35] so I walked away till tomorrow.

Hopefully the new bulb unit for number plate comes tomorrow so I can get the rear lighting back together. Turning into a proper ballache as just couldn't find a bulb to fit. I do love dealing with previous owners handy work.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rear light back together with number plate light. What a ball-ache thats been. And I just discovered after fitting I don't actually need one! [emoji35]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

New 8"x6" ready to fit, tucked up a bit to much so may drop the bracket 1/2".

This stuff is awesome.
    [​IMG]

Gave rear hugger a fresh coat and removed the paint drop but can ran out. Need to check tomorrow if it's ok or back to Halfords.

More goodies arrived [emoji2]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. Clear coat on. Leaving to dry and will see how it looks in the morning.............[​IMG]

8. Irritatingly, the lining tape popped up over the concave part. So will need redoing tomorrow. Always learning.......

9. Been really struggling with clear coat and general winter weather.
    @chizel tip on heating can in hot water is a cracker, thanks mate.

Really bad "haze" on hugger, was almost matte and very grey but cleared with heat gun.

Turns out, towel radiator really good for cooking though.

[​IMG]

They are not as perfect as I'd like but I'm fighting the damp/cold and they are in hard to spot places so will be good enough for now, just need a polish.

Starting on front hugger.

IMAG1083.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. I find a couple of days in the airing cupboard gets me all the shine I need :upyeah:

IMG_5783.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rub down front hugger, spray with primer, drop, break, start repair with Plastex. Bugger.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  12. Are you leaving the woody woodpecker transfer on the front mud guard?
    Steve

13. Ah, if only I'd spotted it before covering in primer and smashing it on the floor.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thats an incredibly empty airing cupboard - ours is jam-packed...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yeah, funny thing is the wife thought I was ever so good tidying it a few weeks back :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Oh not mine.

17. This is mine.[​IMG] it did have a front hugger in earlier too.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yeah I took all the shelving out a while back to put a new cylinder in didn't really use it much, our lass puts her work tops & my daughters school blazer that she seems to have to wash every other day :)

19. More goodies courtesy of Mr Postman.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information