1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 999 Termi Replica - Exhaust Coring Revisited

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Dorset Desmo, Feb 5, 2016.

1. I can tell you it doesn't discolour at all. The pipes do, especially the vertical cylinder pipe but the can remains pristine.

2. Sure, it won't be till the tail end of Nov due to the fabricators workload but will let you know how it goes.

Trying to figure out the best packing too, the fibreglass stuff, wire wool or the expanding Acousta-fil stuff.

3. Where abouts are you? If you are fairly close may be worth getting 2 done together?

4. It's the first one the guy has done so think it's only fair for him to do this one and let him decide if he wants to do more...might be a cack job to do!

Took mine across Sunday so will update shortly on how it goes and share the details if he tells me he wants to do more :)

5. I've had a crack, it's a bit of a nightmare. Also found a local guy that recons he can do it. He's currently decating the link pipe :)

6. Trying to figure out the best packing too, the fibreglass stuff, wire wool or the expanding Acousta-fil stuff.[/QUOTE]

I would choose stainless steel wire wool for longlife. Ordinary ww will rust with condensation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I used Silent Sport Premium to fill my Termignoni canister. Did the job and since it is long strands of it,
    I don't think it's possible to blow out anyways.
    Buy Silent Sport Exhaust Stuffing | Louis Moto

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ended up buying some of the mat style stuff to wrap round the perforated tube and some of the loose stuff to pack in the corners and odd shapes, seemed like the best solution.

Getting twitchy now, just want it back so I can hear the bike as it should be! Any day now :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. How much did you get? The loose stuff seems to come in 600g bags but i've no idea how much that is.

10. So got my exhaust back from Simon at Schuband Autoworks :)

I was put in contact with Simon by another company, as you can see in the Facebook link below, he doesn't normally do anything bike related, mainly performance manifolds, intercoolers and other car fabrication but he was up for the challenge!

Schuband AutoWorks

Looks like he did a great job on it, going to fit it on Thursday on my day off and let her rip!

He said he would defo do others now he knows the process so I thought I'd help out a small local business (near Sheffield) and put the details on here (plus he's a throughly nice guy).

If you want yours doing, he charges £150 (I supplied my own packing and perforated tube) and you can get in touch on 07872 333649.

Once I fit it I will update on how awesome it sounds :)

IMG_1750.JPG

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. No idea of the weight sorry, just got one bag of loose (600g seems a lot for what I got but didn't check) and one role of the mat style stuff. Brought it from a local bike shop so no link to check etc... sorry.

12. So that part at the front was removed? I left the end part the same so it looks OEM and will hopefully keep the noise Track Day legal. Not plugged it all in yet. Mines not as neat as yours but you'll never see it when fitted. Got the mid section decat too.

IMAG0981.jpg [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] IMAG0948.jpg

13. I got a 600g bag and a 1m roll and got the welder to whack it all in. Got .5 meter of perforated 35mm, 45mm and 57mm so it conicals down through the can.

I'm hoping for exactly 101db......

14. Yeah, the section in the front of the picture was taken out of the exhaust, just the shell left.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sounds very reasonable :) The price, that is...

16. Very much looking forward to hearing this.

17. It's fitted and sounds awesome (how it should!).

Need to get a vid and host it somewhere as the file limit is small on here.

I weighed it before putting it back on and it was 5.5kg. Not sure what the standard one weighs, I do have a spare but this was on the kitchen scales and it maxed them out (don't tell the mrs).

The stuff that was taken out was 3.2kg but I obviously had other stuff put back in so don't know what the true weight saving is but even if it was 1kg, that's a decent saving!

• Like Like x 2
  18. The weight of the OE exhaust is ridiculous, any weight saving here is a good thing.

19. Just contacted the fella he's booked up till may, so il book mine in after the sunny season lol, did you have to get the ecu mapped afterwards mate

20. Yeah he's a busy bloke, have you seen some of the exhausts he's been making recently on his Facebook page?!

Re the mapping, I assume I'll need some dyno time but not actually ridden it since he did it, just started it in the garage.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information