1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adjusting To Ducati Life

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Gp80, Apr 2, 2017.

1. First proper ride out on my 959 today, bit chilly but lots of fun and just love the noise and the quickshifter!!
    After my last 3 bikes have been il4s ( 2x R6 & a blade ) it's like a whole new world, bottom end grunt, engine braking and not having to be at top of rev range to make it sing, takes some adjusting of the riding style I was used to, maybe it's a bit of winter rustiness as well but love the bike just may take a while to get used to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  2. Great stuff...When I made the change I never looked back :upyeah:

3. I too came from Jap IL4's last year, found it very different like you are... You soon re-calibrate to the differences in riding the 'V-Twin' though and if you're anything like me, you will soon be kicking yourself for not doing it years ago!

1198 is a bit different to the 959 you have but I'm sure the following will still apply:
    1) Every ride out will fill you with joy and make you smile within your helmet like never before
    2) Rode users seem to be much more courteous towards you
    3) When you have re-calibrated your riding skills and everything clicks in to place, the bike will just keep on rewarding you with pleasure and amazing you with its capabilities
    4) The public love Ducati's and will often stop in the street to watch you go by with a appreciative & admiring smile on there face
    5) The Ducati crowd are a cracking bunch of guys to get to know and enjoy rides out with :D

I'm sure our paths will cross sometime this season ;)

• Like Like x 4
  4. A twin gets in your sole like a four never can

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Very true if you were referring to your "soul" rather than your shoe (or pet fish) ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. I knew what you meant fella

Do Not Sell My Personal Information