1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Aftermarket Parts / Accessories

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Jordan, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Akrapovic Street Legal - Ducati Multistrada 1200 / S - FREE UK DELIVERY

• Like Like x 1
  2. Early days with the DVT Jordan....hopefully all ready for Christmas!

3. This sounds very interesting, I just hope it comes to fruition...:Watching:

4. Wow

Thats a lot of wonga

5. For anyone who's interested, just had word from sc project that their exhaust will be available in January

6. 2014 Pikes Peak Carbon front fender on my DVT Bargain from Ducati Glasgow £175

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Placed order for Forged new Oz GASS RS-A wheels ,
    Rear Sicom Carbon ceramic BrakeDisc , AEM rear hub with sprocket QuickChange hub Titanium kit & Placed order for Akrapovic header + Slipon ,EarthX lithium ion battery + 525 kit

8. I thought about fitting one of these. I'm sure there'll be a space somewhere; last resort would be my engine bars. Two things put me off: Firstly the risk of upsetting the electrics. Secondly, I have them already fitted to my ex-police ST1300. The effect has been interesting, but despite looking like a cop on a great big white bike, yellow jacket, white helmet, over 28,000 miles not only have a couple of women drivers pulled out in front of me as though not seeing me, but
    in each case the horns have not helped where I've needed to utilise all my concentration to avoid them. They have only made the other driver feel stupid and apologise afterwards. There is a risk that if a driver realises you're there at the last second, because they've heard horns, that they just stop, and stop exactly where you can't avoid them. And then you can't do subtle little beeps to warn pedestrians; remember startled pedestrians can behave unpredictably. The horns have had drivers swerve so violently I was worried about them bouncing of a kerb and coming back at me. I think on the Ducati, I'd rather use the acceleration, brakes and agility to avoid them, and then they can be startled when I pass by safely when they thought there was no one around. They'll still blame the biker though - just for being there. Having said that, I might still go ahead and fit them as I ride it mostly at touring speeds.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I've been quite happy with the standard screen. I wear in-ear monitors and hardly notice the windnoise. My longest ride on the DVT was Valle D'Aosta, NW Italy to London just stopping for fuel, wees and the channel check-in. 14 hours actual riding. I'm 5ft 9 with a fairly standard 31" inside leg. Crash helmet is HJC R-Pha Max, which I find more comfy than any other lid, even Arai. I found the higher position best, and in the rain I could hunker down and shield myself a bit. The low position is nicer for lower speeds or hot weather. My screen slider bearing has been changed as the original jammed and then dragged itself out of its housing. The replacement looks very different and is looser and the dealer has suggested to Ducati that that part be considered for a recall. If your screen slider starts getting very stiff, you'll be having the same issue.
    The only changes I might try, to improve it further, may be the MRA adjustable lip screen and the shorty Carbon screen. The MRA style screen works really well on my VFR800, best in the lowest position where the airflow really seemed smoothed to laminar flow. If it rains, I push it to the high position and it creates a vacuum which pulls any rain drops down my visor above 50mph. Having spent lots of money on screens on bikes over the years to solve the wind noise/ buffeting, I've come to the conclusion that shorter is generally better. Larger tends to use more fuel too, like the big tea tray on my ST1300.
    The short Pikes Peak screen might keep the wind on my chest and away from the lid, and ventilate my jacket, but I know I'll suffer in bad weather. So, next summer, I might take two screens so with the aid of an allen key I can adjust for very hot or bad weather.

10. Before

image.jpeg

After :grin:

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1

11. Powder coated satin black. Done by Redditch shot blasting, I've used them a few times and had no problems, great quality and usually a week turnaround. One of the owners runs a Multi GT

12. Will hopefully fit them tomorrow and take some pictures, missus might not be impressed as its Valentines Day but a bottle of wine will keep her happy!

13. All the powdercoated bits fitted n happy

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information