1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Airbox 2017 On 2015/16 Bikes!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Matt23, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Hey guys,

Thanks to an Italian member of the Multistrada forum, we now know we can install the 2017 new airbox on our 15/16 bikes!

You just need to order these parts:

24715541A - Coperchio airbox
    7131B841A - Distanziale
    78811581A - Guarnizione coperchio
    78811592A - Guarnizione airbox - serbatoio

If you can read Italian, here's the original post with tests etc.:
    Air box DVT 2017 - MULTIforum

Cheers,
    matt

• Like Like x 3
  2. Did he say if it was worth the effort/cost?

3. Id be interested to know in more detail what his observations of improvements were, does he say?

4. Thanks for the list of parts @Matt23

I've attempted to lookup the cost of the parts and it looks like it adds up to less than 80 Euros. Does that tie up with what you've ordered?

Thanks,

5. Yes it's around that figure :)

6. He does say that the bike revs better and issues at 4-5k have disappeared.

7. Ok Matt, thanks for the translation service! Dont suppose he mentions if thats with the standard exhaust or termi?

8. only a few ppl have done the modification so far. One of them has the full termi and he's happy too about it!

#9 Matt23, Feb 2, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  9. Thx :smile::upyeah:

10. Wow - only 15 pages of posts on that Italian forum. Using Google translate:

Hello guys ...
    So, my impression as described before, the bike is really better,
    feel more ready in that amount of laps [revs?] of which we are interested, there are several popping sounds, the rotation of the motor and also adjust to minimum (as it was before the kit).

The test continues, I want to see if the consumption is as before, but it takes a little time, the kit has been installed a few seventh ago ,, but even if I'm in the South, where the weather was inclement, and I could not turn as I wanted.

I confirm also that sull'enduro the airbox has already changed, and I repeat, as far as this modest inlet with the user, Ducati has no map update program reported that, surely there will be some updates in the future various, unit,
    engine, etc etc, and those working on this at Ducati, he does not know if a group of users has installed the kit on my2015, and why should know then ????.

No there is no directive, so far as part of DUCATI, regarding the installation of the kit. In my area, for example, yet there have been no deliveries of my2017, so I assume that to learn something more should we wait for the first coupons.

• Like Like x 1
  11. And further comments on that forum wrt the new ECU update which seems to be going down well, and people are suggesting the airbox mod isn't needed, just the ECU update. Using Google Translate again:

Done update this morning.
    What about .... finally the hole is completely gone.
    There is also no longer the slight delay that, in map Sport, you felt when you gave "full gas".
    Now the bike is perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  12. The ECU update alone seems to do the job, the new airbox along maybe with a sport filter, should improve the overall performance. Ofc needs to be tested. I will do it anw, just in case :D

13. Be great to see a Dyno curve :upyeah:

14. Thanks for the effort of translation @tobers

15. Anyone who has fitted this mod, noticed if the bike stops the high usage of oil when ridden for long distances at high cruising speed?

• Like Like x 1
  16. My guess, that's what the mod is designed for...??

17. Is high oil consumption a common issue? Mine used 200ml in 10000km, which I would consider normal. 10000km of highway/city/flogging it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. @Grego not sure how common, but some certainly do use a bit of oil for sure. I certainly get through it but only on high speed motorway runs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Okay good to know. Thanks

Do Not Sell My Personal Information