1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And Here It Is.....

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by FellZebra, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Said a bit ago that the 899 was going, and here's it's replacement.
    Had it 3 weeks, first service done last mon, and put new exhaust on at weekend
    Loving it so far, .......hoping the weather stays good

IMG_20161002_161059_hdr.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  2. Nothing like a howling v4 - youll just open it up even when you dont want to go fast....just because ya gotta hear it...!
    Capture.PNG

• Like Like x 5
  3. Mate has that model , absolutely stunning machine ! ....ditch those mirrors though : (

4. I did - the stock mirrors are useless...just got the one oberon bar end on there...

5. Great machines, sound like a Tie Fighter! There were a bunch of RSV4 at Aragon this week going mega fast.

#5 Monners, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  6. Yip - mines old but i love the motor......

7. Hi Bud

How does the Ape compare to the 899. Both on my wish list

8. It's great and despite the extra power over the 899 it's not at all intimidating, dead easy to ride. Think i'm going a bit slower cos of no fairing and you're in the wind, but that's gotta be a good thing right?
    I'd never a problem with the comfort of the 899, and can also happily ride this all day.
    No regrets about doing the swap, every ride out on this is a real event, look forward to every opportunity.
    Oh yeah, its also got an Austin Racing exhaust on it now, it sounded pretty good standard but now its mega
    To me- whichever you get you can't go wrong, both cracking bikes

9. Nice one. thanks for reply. Thats encouraging, I've loved the Pani since they were released. I've loved Ducati since I first made the switch a few years back, the power delivery is awesome from a twin. Started my biking life on the RS125/250 so have a soft spot for Aprilia. My budget would secure a lovely low mileage RSV4 loaded with Ohlin's, or an 899 hopefully with Termi's. I think the 1199 would be too much of a beast for the riding that I do.

10. That picture look so much like the Cat and Fiddle but I just can't picture where abouts, perhaps I'm wrong.
    Cracking bike.
    Steve

11. love the bike,, love the road !!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Not far away, just off the Cat & Fiddle road; this is the A54 Buxton to Bosley road. Great riding, just look out for the 50mph average speed cameras

13. Yes I know it well, I used to travel from Buxton to Congleton on that road, a bit bumpy in places but some nice bends.
    Steve

14. I see you're at Bakewell- know it well, me an ex-Eyam resident but now at Congleton so we'll share lots of the same local-ish roads. And there's some good ones too :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Lived in Bakewell all my life, my wife's from Stoney Middleton originally.
    Small world.
    Steve

Do Not Sell My Personal Information