1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Tried These?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by 531AL, May 14, 2015.

1. they are prob ok but its a risk, ducati Coventry sell a slave cylinder that although dearer will be sold to suit your set up plus it is serviceable, also its engraved with their logo so you can obviously go 80mph faster.

2. colour/design/price make it a personal choice but you might want to consider the effects of straying too far away from standard diameter. Aftermarket slaves come in several diameters but it's widely accepted that 29 mm is the best compromise between lightening effort required at lever and lever travel, any larger than this can make selecting neutral more difficult as reduced travel at slave can make disengagement difficult particularly if system not working 100%.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I had lots of trouble with my clutch after replacing the plates with nonstandard ones.
    This has resulted, accidentally, in a super-light clutch action with no slip. Because I was getting drag, I kept reducing the stack height. I then found the drag was caused by something else but the upside was a really light, two finger light, clutch lever, caused by the reduced preload on the springs.

• Like Like x 1
  4. It's good when all the factors come together, and as you say John, it can be a combination of luck and perseverance. I know i'm stating the obvious but the less argument/flutter the plates put up on disengagement then the better the action is and the smaller the movement that is needed - you only need around 2mm on our dry non-slipper clutches.

#5 Chris, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  5. As far as MC Motoparts are concerned I have bought several sets of adjustable levers and a few other bits from them including a set for a Suzuki RGV 250 levers which require a modified additional part to the original lever setup and this came supplied with the levers which I was unaware it needed. The quality and fit have always been very good and well worth the money.

This company seem to do their research on products before they sell them and do provide a competitively priced part for the money.

I would not hesitate to buy a slave cylinder from them if they were the right price and with the eBay protection policy you cannot really lose.

6. Cheers for the replies. Obviously these come straight out of a factory in China, but what doesn't these days.
    I'm amazed how much people pay for secondhand stuff on ebay. I've seen Oberon ones go for £50£60 plus postage when you could buy a new one for another £30 and not have to worry if it's ok.

Rant over :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information