1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aug 22-25 Bh Germany

Discussion in 'Touring' started by bradders, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Thought it worth a fresh thread on rough plan and track attendees/those who have booked. Have added Pete and Dave as they said they are in. If hotel gets full, it doesn't have many rooms, there are plenty others locally so wont be an issue
    Try this for a plan:
    Friday 22 August - tunnel 1000 slot ride to hotel in Cochem 3 nights via Pete's route not all mways crossing c£60 return now
    Saturday 23 August - tour the Hunsruck, ferry boat across the Rhine, around the Taunus, motorway A48 from Koblenz back to Cochem
    Sunday 24 August - up to the Nurburgring, laps of the Nordschleife if desired, tour the Eifel
    Monday 25 August - Cochem to Calais and tunnel home 1800 chunnel

HOTEL KARL NOSS | Ihr Hotel in Cochem/MOSEl | ONLINE BUCHEN single rooms sparce and c€200 for the three nights

Bradders and poss Mrs
    Pete1960
    Dave

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I feel ten years younger after reading your post.

• Like Like x 4
  3. I've just booked the Noss hotel in Cochem online - €231 for 3 nights (22-25 Aug) in a single room with a Moselle view, breakfast and motorcycle parking. No deposit req'd. Free cancellation if received in writing up to 14 days before the start of the booking.

4. Sounds great. Wish I could have made it.
    Sounds like its gonna be a good time.

5. Hotel booked

• Like Like x 1
  6. I have now booked at the Noss too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I've just checked and it seems there are no more rooms available over that weekend?
    I shall drop them a line this afternoon.

8. Well another hotel nearby along the Moselpromenade would do.

9. Thanks Pete. I'm going to send an email tonight - didn't get chance earlier. Would prefer to be in the same place as everyone else.

10. Hoping a few more may come so likley another hitel will be used anyway. Cochem isnt a huge place: its only somewhere to sleep ;)

11. Going to take a look now - finally on PC! Mobile phones are convenient but a pain in the ass when looking for hotels!

12. Would it make a huge difference if I choose a hotel across the river from the Noss? There appears to be a bridge in spitting distance?

13. Depends how much it rains and how pissed you get lol

14. Lol.
    Even better - have found one next door to Noss - the Union Hotel. Mixed reviews but glowing one from bikers passing through. Only on street parking for bikes - do you reckon I could park mine with yours at the Noss?

15. Okay, scrub that. Have spent more time reading reviews and settled on one across the river - Altes Fahrhaus Cochem.
    Booked! Sorted! Excited!

16. If you can see them lot from your hotel. Take a rather large catapult and a bag of marbles ;)

17. Hahahahahaha. Nearly fell off my chair!

18. It'll do just fine.

19. How early do you have to get to the tunnel before the train is due? If you booked tickets for midday and got there early would they let you on an earlier train?

20. As I understand it, you can be two hours early or late. So if you book for 10am and arrive at check-in anytime after 8am or before 12noon, they just put you on the next available train. If you were more than two hours early you could just wait around for a bit. If you were more than two hours late they might charge you extra.

Basically they are in the business of conveying customers across the Channel, and they are unlikely to place needless obstacles in your path!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information