1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Austin Racing Exhaust Fitted

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by iang27, May 7, 2016.

1. My brother has just fitted his Austin Racing exhaust to his new 959.
    Instead of the GP1/GP1R end can with the alloy end cap my brother specified their GP2R with the angled end cap and I must say I think I prefer the look of it.

I searched everywhere to see what was available and Austin Racing and the first to release something.

Here are a few pictures and a YouTube video which doesn't give a true reflection of the sound.
    We did disable the exhaust valve which did make it sound louder but the engine management light came on along with a warning triangle so we re connected it.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  2. Looks 10x better than the original.

Still doesn't suit the bike though in my opinion.

A definite improvement though !

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I like it:upyeah:

4. A vast improvement.
    Steve

5. i really like that

6. Really like the look of that.

Is it a lot louder if any?

Has he ridden it yet does it feel any different?

7. Nice....looks even more like a Jap bike now!

• Agree Agree x 8
  8. It is louder, deeper growl to it. He only rode it to my house and he only has 100 miles on it so no thrashing yet !

9. Looks like it will get in the way of your heel?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Other then the underslung akra's, that looks the best i've seen.

11. That looks soooo much better than the standard cans....nice!

12. That's better [emoji106] does his boot hit the exhaust?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. Hi, how long was the delivery time for this exhaust?

Regards

Henrik

14. He says his foot didn't hit the exhaust today but he didn't have his bike boots on.
    Took two days as they only had the SP1R can ready so had to get him a can made.

If anyone is interested and contacts Rich at Austin Racing mention me and see what he can do for you.

15. I'm going to have a word with them next week I think.

16. Not worth the money, still looks awful, underslung or tail entry, anything else is Japenese not Ducati.

17. Tail entry? Strange exhaust

Those famous Japanese bikes by aprilia and MV have side exit exhausts...

18. If Ducati could have designed another under slung exhaust that would pass the Euro4 regs then they would have done.
    The under tail exhaust died a death with the 749/999/848 etc and Honda's aging Cbr600 so they mustn't have found that option suitable either.
    As someone mentioned all bikes are going to be getting bigger exhausts, a lot of bikes already have massive end cans that are quickly removed and the likes of an AR, Akra or similar can is fitted.
    People love the looks of these exhausts but when it is fitted to a Ducati all of a sudden it doesn't look right when in fact it looks the same as on an RSV4 etc.

Yes a 1299 exhaust can be fitted but it means finding a full system and new lower fairings. Not everyone can be bothered to go to all this hassle.

A lot more people are going to have to look at other options in the future and the current style on most bikes seems to be the side mounted exhausts so they can hide the actual silencer under the bike.

Having had an 899 I do prefer the under body exhaust but things change and I think it looks every bit as good as any other Superbike from whatever country and after all even with this exhaust it is still a Ducati.

Just wait until they decide to fit the giant bazooka the Japanese market have, now that does look awful.

#18 iang27, May 7, 2016
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. 848/1098/1198? Didn't they have under tail exhausts?

20. Looks okay, my only thoughts are that my heel would probably get in the way of it because it's at a really steep angle. Bike looks good though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do Not Sell My Personal Information