1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Autoblipper?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by El Toro, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Anyone fitted one? If so how much? Are they any good? :)

2. Love mine great bit of kit

3. Whatcha got Mr?

4. They're technologically the bollocks

However I do think they take away the rider involvement ...

5. Bike sports developments blipper is sublime,silky smooth up and down the box.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Second that I have 1 :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Third that! Had one on the 1199S and it was well worth the money!

8. I always thought technogimic. But now I've got one, theyre brilliant. I was the same about a slipper clutch (which is a bigger difference). Now with both, travelling much faster up to corners with the confidence of being able to get down into the right gear without getting the backend locking/squirely . NB i presume you need a slipper clutch before fitting an autoblipper?

9. I love the idea, and think this is something that would be great on a multi. But, I fear for the gearbox..

Anyone got history of doing lots of miles and the impacts? :)

10. I'm with Advikaz on rider involvement and at my ability, I need to find 10s of seconds a lap not fractions. I know the topic is 959 but I am aware that the 1098R gear box is fragile with a quick shifter so it makes no sense for me. Andy

#12 Android853sp, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. imagine on the multi tho, clutchless downshifts for a roundabout so you can concentrate on everyone else who's trying to kill you :)

12. Bike sport development one with the rod it's a great bit of kit mr simmy put me onto it big thanks to him

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tbh the superquadro engine was designed with a shifter in mind and has larger diameter and thicker gears to cope with the extra stresses,it has been around for a few years now and I have never read about any premature gearbox failure or even swarf in the oil, so I would say shifters are a lot safer on this engine than the testi engine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Am guessing the multi is a testretta still (without checking)

15. Hi mate, my 959 arrives tomorrow and it does not have one, however I have been informed that the official down blipper from the bigger Panigale can be fitted but I will get a second opinion on this.

In terms of are they any good. I obviously have not tested Ducati's one yet (other bike is the Scrambler II) but my last track bike was a BMW S1000RR and I could not imagine riding on tracks without one now. They make your ride much more focused on your lines and body position. As for road...at first I did not think I was using it much then noticed I was tapping away subconsciously! So would I get one....I guess I will but only because my 959 will be more on track than road. Would I bother for road...honestly I don't think its worth it. Just my opinion though....

16. I'd be interested in hearing what they say when you pick up the 959 :)

#18 El Toro, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Sorry for the hihack....what MY s1000rr has the blipper?

18. Its the 3rd Gen onwards, mine was a 15 plate

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information