1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Anti-fog

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Gimlet, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Is this:
    [​IMG]
    Works a treat. My visor was fogging even on the pinlock for some reason.
    Squirt of this sorted it and its nicer than Mr Sheen or Pledge. Its got an old fashioned beeswax aroma. The inside of my lid now smells cool and fragrant like a parish church after the WI have been round with a duster.
    And its good at shifting bugs from the front of the visor and you can get it in Tescos. :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. @Gimlet, did you just use it on the visor or did you use it on the pinlock visor as well ?
    P.s. Used a pinlock for the first time a month ago on a trip to Ireland, what a revelation, wished I'd used one years ago now.

3. I used it on the outside of the visor and on the inside with the pinlock attached, so on the inner surface of the pinlock. I was getting a maddening patch of fog over my right eye. Lifting my visor I realised it was on the inner surface of the pinlock itself so I sprayed it and it seems to work. No further problems today.
    My lid is a Shoei GT Air. It was great when it was new. Then I had a day riding in the rain - nearly three years ago now- and it was never the same after that. It always fogged. Sometimes it fogs between the visor and the pinlock because it wouldn't stay sealed and sometimes on the Pinlock itself. New visors, new Pinlocks, adjusting the pins made no difference. So I tried this as a last resort. The real test will come in the autumn on a chilly misty morning.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Used X-Lite for years and that thing just would not mist. Best pin lock I've ever had. Now on an AGV and it's shit. After 1 month, the pinlock has too much bend and had a gap in it rendering it useless. The X-lite ones were reversible so a quick switch around bent it back in line again and the constant switching worked well for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. I think I might try an X-Lite lid next. I think X-Lite won a best all round helmet test in MCN recently. I'll have to go window shopping at a big store where they've got the full range to try on.

6. I'm deeply regretting my AGV. I'll be grabbing a Danny Kent or Chaz Davis X-Lite soon methinks.

7. Pinlocks are great when they are new, but after 7-8 months they lose their effectiveness and the seal becomes weak and lets moisture in causing the fogging.
    My last pinlock I left it in for 2 years and it wore the visor with it's constant rubbing so rendred it scrap and a new visor cost me £68 pounds.
    I wish someone would come up with a better solution than a pinlock. I suppose they won't make them to last like razor blades/lightbulbs because it creates a ongoing market!!!

8. X-lite ones are reversible so when the deal is loose, just flip it and it seals like new.

9. During the war, we just using warm water with a small dollop of washing up liquid in it then rubbed it onto the inside of the visor, worked a treat,

10. The Shoei ones fail to seal from new. I've replaced both visor and pinlock together, adjusted the pins to achieve a perfect fit and after a ride more often than not the pinlock has detached itself from the visor. I think the visor is just too flexible and opening and closing it breaks the seal. It always fogs in the rain too. As does my AGV K3 spare helmet. In fact the rain runs down the inside of that one and the vents blow it onto your face so it feels like its raining inside the helmet. But though the rain gets in along the top of the visor it can't get out at the bottom so after a few minutes I'm going cross-eyed watching a bead of water rolling to and fro. Its definitely a fair-weather lid.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information