1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Forest Trip 2015

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Pete1950, Nov 23, 2014.

1. I need to get past Easter to see what's happening but in principle I would still like to go :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. I still like the sound of this trip as it's pretty short in time (although coming from Cornwall it's always long!) but alas cannot do those dates as it's half term and will be away all week. I have booked the 24-27th June which is Assen GP weekend, I don't wish to go there in particular as Ive been before and yes the roads are straight. Ah, what to do! any others having the same dilemma?

3. I'm still interested... Will decide for definate in the next week or so if that's ok

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm still just a 'maybe' at the moment

5. Looks like a good trip. Done black forest a few time.s Once you get your head around the banding on the roads ( tar filler ), its fine.

There is a town called Todtmoos ( v sleep but a good base camp 0 with another town up the road calle Wehr. Close to both is a brewery called Rothaus or Redhouse. Defo worth a trip for the nosh !

6. I wasn't actually proposing to go quite as far south as Todtmoos on this trip. But thanks for the suggestion.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Four weeks away now ...

8. It looks like my prior booking may be a non-starter so I could yet be able to come

9. And I wont be racing...but may be too soon after the house move...

10. Its never too soon. You'll need a break and the Mrs will be glad to be rid of you ;-)

11. Nice early start, how long gloucester to chunnel....

12. I propose we meet up at 9.00am on Friday 22 May at the Shell Petrol Station, Westenhanger Services, M20 junction 11. Then we go along to the Tunnel Terminal (Junction 11A) and take it from there.

Those who live 200 miles away will have to work out how they are going to get there - previous evening, most likely. Bear in mind we shall have 400 miles to do in France that day!

13. Great. It seems the Ibis Styles Hotel Strasbourg Centre, 1 Quai de Paris, Strasbourg 67000 may still have some rooms left for 22-23-24 May - I've just checked on Bookings.com.

So which bike would you bring, Dave? And will you need me to help with luggage?

14. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it. Looks like I'll be away in the Middle East on business. :(

But I'm sure you'll have a great time :upyeah:

15. Pity. Maybe some other time.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I think night before to a Premier Inn would be sensible. It'd be the D16 @Pete1950 - packing light ..... but if you have room in your luggage :upyeah:

I should have a go/no go by next week.

17. Snap...must check how the land lays first ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Is it just the three and has the train been booked?

19. Looks like four, probably. No, train not booked yet.

20. Ok. Need permission slip. I have priced it all up and there is room still.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information