1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BST Carbon Wheels

Discussion in 'D16 Desmosedici RR' started by Robarano, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Oooooosh

2. spurt.jpg

spurt.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. Very nice Dave.....

4. Bump, bumpety, bump, bump, bump.

Well after having a few G&T's on Boxing Day and succuming the the beauty of BST wheels for the Desmo on the HPS site, I received a phone call today confirming the order.

8 week lead time as they are a special order and not a one that's stocked, so I should see them in February.

A quick word for Giles at HPS. What a thouroughly nice gent. Guaranteed the wheels at 2016 prices and was very helpful on the phone. :)

Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 19.56.01.png

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Did you get a deal.... ;)

6. I find myself in the same position looking at a set of gold marchesinis for the Z1000.... 2 month lead time, just after Xmas, skint, wife out of a job etc etc.... The only thing that is leaning me towards it is I've got a clear balance on my PayPal account so I can spread it out a bit... Well... A lot... :)

7. I like the look of the 7 spoke BST's, but I have a reliability concern in the back of my mind about Carbon Wheels over Mag's. Looking at a set of these in black for the SL. Just hoping they're of similar weight?
    • OZ WHEELS
    • GASS RS-A 6 SPOKE ALUMINIUM WHEELS
    Spoken to Giles @ HPS before and they know there onions alright. Come very well recommended.

#47 samieb, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  8. After seeing what happened to the fellas front carbon wheel at Donington at 5mph into a almost stationary bike, I have now gone off carbon wheels :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. So he was using a damaged wheel then?

10. no. It was destroyed. Literally ripped in pieces. But I know Dave and Arthur and others run them, have done for thousands of miles on the road without a problem. Just put me right off

• Like Like x 2
  11. Done 5 thousand on mine no problems at all and a massive improvement all round,highly recommended.

Plus 1 for Giles too at HPS ,top fella

• Like Like x 2
  12. Got them on my 1098R and love them. I went the whole hog and got the CF BST swing arm too. It's a fabulous look. Blingtastic and all that.
    Does it all improve handling and performance? I'm sure it does with a super quick rider but if I'm honest I didn't notice much improvement. The OE 1098R wheels and swing arm are pretty good/light stock.

• Like Like x 2
  13. When talking to Giles at HPS, he says you notice them more once you go back to the standard wheels. He told me to run them for a while then stick the OEM's back in for comparison.

• Like Like x 1
  14. He's right, the weight difference is small, but it is noticeable in bike control. We have practice in the installation of these discs on bikes (1198, monsters... diavel, 848...).

• Like Like x 1

15. I've got a set and love them but take time to inspect them when they arrive as the first set I was sent had loads of runs in them and little marks in them

Fair play to god the sent another set straight away and Giles was great about it

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. God sent you carbon wheels?

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Giles and the guys/gals at HPS are a brilliant bunch.

Re the carbon wheels, hmm, I'd had thought about these for the Desmo, but I'm glad I didn't. Friend has these on his Panigale and some of the securing bolts on the rear wheel plate have come off... Not pics to show on here, but not overall a great thing to see.

18. BST's arrived this week. They are works of art and a shame to put on the bike. :)

I went for the wider rear wheel option and the tyres will be getting fitted this week, Pirelli Supercorsa V2's. I'll fit the discs tomorrow. I'm going to take the opportunity whilst removing the OEM magnesium wheels tomorrow to spend some time in the garage giving the bike a spring clean.

A quick word for Giles at HPS. They have been fantastic from the start and utterly professional. Supplied them at 2016 prices including free titanium disc bolts. Great service. :upyeah:

IMG_5015.JPG
    IMG_5017.JPG
    IMG_5018.JPG
    IMG_5019.JPG
    IMG_5020.JPG
    IMG_5021.JPG

• Like Like x 12
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Giles and Ben are great guys, very very helpful and take all the time you need to make the right choice. Be that wheels or any other products they sell.

• Like Like x 1
  20. A few hours in the garage this morning.

I swapped the discs from the OEM wheels over to the BST's ready for the tyre fitting and balancing. As I had the bike on the ramp, I took advantage and spent an hour cleaning nooks and crannies. T'was quite theraputic. :)

The 1st real opportunity I've had to use my impact wrench today and it saved a load of time and hassle. :upyeah:

IMG_5037.JPG
    IMG_5049.JPG
    IMG_5042.JPG
    IMG_5048.JPG
    IMG_5057.JPG

• Like Like x 10
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information