1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chain Adjusters

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by RedSed, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Afternoon all, adjusting my chain and noticed one of my chain adjusters has split. I have found some on evil bay, question is are they the same as ST4, is the spindle the same size? Thanks in advance:grin:

2. Same as wot?
    St4 same as St4S if thats what you're asking.

3. Oops!! Sorry it's a 2002 ST2

4. What has split, the end cap.
    Picture says 1000 words

I used a cap from a monster.

5. No mate, half of the threaded part that the bolt goes into is missing, the cap is fine. Post pics? me? Haha!! not a hope in hell I can just about open the lid & switch it on:tearsofjoy:

6. Are you on a 25mm or 17mm spindle?
    I have 17mm spare.

7. Ah right! I'll go & measure it now cheers

8. Thanks for the offer, but it's 23mm

9. Sorry make that 25mm:tearsofjoy:

10. I'm sure all the St range with steel swing arms should be the same. Monsters with 25mm spindle and steel swing arm will also be the same.
    I can't comment on alloy swing arm models.
    However some of the photos on eBay don't look right, so I'd ask sellers to measure the hole size.

11. Ok, thanks very much for the info that's great. I have asked a breaker to measure it see how we get on:flushed:

12. Cheers to all for the info, got a set off evil bay off a monster 750. 25mm spindle diameter and fitted straight on! Thanks again:thumbsup:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information