1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap Naked Middleweight Commuter

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by efcbluepete, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Asking for a friend, and thought maybe a few ideas from left-field may come from you lot.

Budget £1k (may push out to £1500)
    he is approx 6ft, 16st, so nothing too small
    he looked at a Kwak Zepher 550 recently and liked it
    doesn't like XV535, Enfield Bullet, race rep, sv650
    needs to be ok for pillion, he wants to take his lad out now and then

so, any ideas appreciated.

Cheers,

Pete

2. Bandit

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. pegasso 650. mine was uber reliable.mine was 2001 and its still kicking about. kept out all year, little or no maintenance, go and handle well. i used it a lot more over the winter months due to me not being stressed about dropping it.

4. Cheers folks - much appreciated.

He is now looking at Bandits and ERs. he doesn't seem to like trailie style bikes (whereas I love them, and had a good few before getting the 998).

Borgo - like the "other than..." bit - but do personally like those Elefant bikes.

Pete

5. Pretty much anything with Honda on the tank, the kings of commuting. CB600 Hornet would be good. Better build quality than a Bandit or an SV. Need to push towards £1500 budget to get one under 20,000 miles. Reliable and tough so tend to run up big mileages which is only a good sign in my book.
    Or a CB500. Bit dull but can be livened up with aftermarket fettling and big mileages from small bills. Handle well too.

6. Or a 650 Transalp. It'll have 30-40,000 miles on it though, but if its been well maintained it'll do double that.

7. Bandit or SV for that coin. I ran a Bandit as a winter hack/commuter a wee while back and it did just fine. A better commuter than a Hornet in my opinion. I owned both.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. and the prize goes to...

@bradders and @nothingfaced - he has put a deposit down on a 600 Bandit, and is a little twitchy given his current steed is a CD200 Benley :tearsofjoy:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bandit all the way, just sold an old style one in that price range, after taking it 20 odd miles for an MOT I can appreciate why people like them so much.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information