1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Cracked Exhaust - Anyone Had This Happen?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Borgo Panigale, Mar 25, 2015.

1. no, but whos exhaust is it?

2. Its his

• Like Like x 4
  3. How in the hell could you hear it gushing exhaust fumes out of that (huge) crack compared to your no-silencer set-up!

4. Now that's gotta sound mental fired up - Do you have a sound clip?

5. naff system thats probably why

6. I haven't noticed anything like that on mine....although I haven't checked tbh. Will look when it comes back from Spain.

Sure someone on here had a similar issue with a Hyper a little while back?

7. I seem to recall reading that the aftermarket boys were having similar problems with durability, which is why so few systems have been made to fit. Cans were flexing so much they burst the seams and tubes were cracking from vibrations, which looks like what has happened on your bike. I will make the assumption that the manufacturer's tolerances didn't result in the thing having to be 'sprung' to fit. The race Termi's, big-bore down-pipes and Up-Map makes one's ears bleed and gives me 185bhp at the back wheel...... thus far, that has been enough to satisfy my meager needs.

8. Find a Decent welder who is capable of welding titanium and have it re welded at the cracks, maybe have him do a better job that the manufacture

9. or get the system off - Send it to Race fit and have them do what they do best and make you a one off special system

Race fit in my eyes is one of the best sounding exhaust systems on the planet

10. weld it in its current position, and will possibly not crack again.

11. a question if you please, the slip on termis are rated by most as similar volumes to the standard pipes.
    Do yours have db killers, and if so, how loud are they with them? thanks

12. My Ti system cracked that many times I refitted my stainless system . If it gets hot enough then cools quick , if it rains etc , it will crack . Thats what titanium does. My system on my 999R could be seen glowing red when on a hard run. Stainless system is more forgiving and has never cracked.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Is the Austin system not Inconel ?

Get on to Rich at Austin Racing, he will surely sort it out for you.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I know this bike or rather the numberplate and the exhaust!, massively different to how it was lol

15. yeah, the exhaust used to be in one piece :upyeah:

16. It was the last time I saw it [emoji1]

Do Not Sell My Personal Information