1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crutchlow - Picture Of 2017

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by bradders, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Tell me this doesn't earn him hero-worship ;)

So much going on...power wheeler, one handed, looking behind and flicking the V's. I know like hime :upyeah:

16388264_1873969366173779_1495316568471811287_n.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
  2. If he focused less on the mistakes of others, he might make fewer of his own. Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I'm sure he's a good bloke. If he can keep his mouth shut.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I like him

He's got character and isn't afraid not to conform

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. needs to do more talking on the track , less talking about what he woulda , shoulda , coulda done . Still great bloke and rider but crashes too much

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I think a lot of that is down to the bike to be fair. In my eyes he's having to ride that Honda to the absolute edge, and at the edge the margin for error is so small.

Just my opinion ofcourse.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. totally agree with your opinion , but thats the difference between the good ( and he is good ) and the great . The great rides the honda on the edge but still keep it tyre side down most of the time. Knowing how far you can push it and not crashing is the skill , its the difference between winning the championship and losing. Ive got my crutchlow flag and followed him around for many years but sometime his moaning , makes me wonder why . So please he got his wins and well deserved though!

8. he's had many chances on many bikes and always with the same results. I h ate the way , eben when finishing in 10th he stil says shit like "we were 2nd fastest, we were robbed" his disrespect for the talent of others is almost as annoying as his duct up accent. Other than that I like him. Bet he's kicking himself still about moaning and slagging his way out of the duc contract a year early. Had a full factory ride and couldn't see it out.

9. I guess you could also argue the difference between factory and satalite though ... not taking anything away from Marquez who's clearly mega

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. I just wish he would stop excusing his own shortcomings for 'problems' with the bike and droning on endlessly about his wife not being present at poignant moments in his career, ie his first podium position/win in MotoGP. Gets to be a bit grating after a while. The true heroes are the understated ones that know they are good but don't feel the need to bitch or gloat when they are respectively not on form and less so when they are. Talent comes in many forms. It does not need to be sold. It's just there or it's not. I like Cal but sometimes he needs to STFU and listen to his mentors, take a leaf out of their book and give measured responses not a diatribe of angst, frustration and back-stabbing.

• Agree Agree x 2

11. Who else got2 wins on a "non-factory" bike last season?
    I'm the opposite too, I dont like conformist walking PR machines who've got their ride through arse licking and the colour of their passports.
    U cant say that about young Calvin lol.

12. Well I'll be in bruno
    No one said he wasn't good , its more the excuses and as the thread above constant moaning or telling us what he would have done if only x y z. Least we forget, Jack Miller won one as well. Its consistency and knowing where the limit is. Whats great with motorsport is you get this debate. Casey is the one that annoys me , all that talent and doesn't want to let me enjoy it, damn him for putting his wife and kid first :) !

• Like Like x 2
  13. I'd say Mohamed Ali was a true hero to lots. He never stopped gloating;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yeap you never heard him say if only the other guy didn't have longer arms , my gloves aren't as good as his , can't ever recall him saying another boxer could do things in the ring no one else could ( except himself ) sometime I wonder if cal is Marquez PR man.

It’s not bragging if you can back it up.

Cheers chris

“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.”

• Like Like x 1
  15. There is a good feature on and interview with Cal Crutchlow in the Feb Performance Bikes. Gives, perhaps, a little more insight to his psyche and ergo worth reading.

I've never met the bloke, but I respect him and like him. More to the point, so do his peers in the paddock by all accounts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. If you want to learn how to be popular , non PR and funny then watch and listen to Colin Edwards.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Depends if you want to be popular or win moto gp races..

18. If you can't do one, do the other :upyeah:

19. I'm surprised by his popularity in the paddock when he calls everyone monkeys and what not!
    granted he has talent, as do the rest of the field, none would be there without it no matter who's arse they lick.
    But he's gobby and comes across like a spoiled twat.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information