1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desert Sled Desert Sled

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Boomer, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Your call really, it is a very well made item, and good vfm, and looks great

But if your not handy with the tools, ducati one might be your answer I guess...

2. Any issues with road noise from the "off road" standard tyres.

3. No Richard, I never noticed any

4. Hello everyone, this is my new toy! IMG_2212.JPG IMG_2214.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  5. Did a big Evotech order! I also have the tail tidy but didn't have time to install it yet. I think next on the purchase list is mirror extenders as I had to twist back the clutch and brake levers so that they fall more naturally in my hand when riding and now cannot see the mirrors and maybe brake lever as I struggle a bit with the range/positions offered by the standard lever.

And after the run in period is done will start thinking of engine mods - it never ends :)

6. Be interesting when you fit the tail tidy 'Boomer' in the above post has said that one of the bikes studs has to be removed to enable the tail tidy to fit, be interesting to see if you have the same problem. Evotech say that it fits with no mods? Are you not thinking about getting the 'high' exhaust?

7. Nope, I think that even by Ducati standards they are taking the piss. It is not lighter, in fact it moves the weight high up where you want it even less, probably doesn't flow any freer, and it reduces your options for luggage! Unless you really like the look of it, cannot see why you would buy it. It looks like this will be a popular bike, so I am hoping that there will plenty of other options.

8. Just did the power to weight calc, the desert sled has the same power to weight as a noble M12, the Icon has the same power to weight as a Murcielago, so both OK really

9. Had exactly the same problems as described by Boomer! Maybe I will complain to them and try to get a discount of my next batch of accessories :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. I spoke to Evotech yesterday and they have had a Desert Sled in the workshop to obtain the correct measurements for the tail tidy. They are hoping this new design for the Sled will be in production and on sale to the public in approx 3 weeks time.

11. Mine wasn't a one of then

I didn't think it was, very poor of a company like Evotech to go to market with a non compliant product

12. Interesting

I might contact them to see what they say about mine..?

13. Where's all the extra weight come from :Wideyed:

14. Totally different bike, much bigger than the rest of the range.,same seat height as a multi , frame strengthening, bigger forks are where the extra weight comes from.

15. Hi Boomer, did you get in contact with Evotech? Have you fitted either the oil cooler or rectifier guards from Evotech, just wondering if they are any good or not?

16. Hi. I've not had chance to contact them as yet, I have both guards and they fit and look fine

17. Quick Desert Sled question. Are the tyres tubeless?

18. Hi,
    Got the 'new design' tail tidy today from Evotech, guess what.... it doesn't fit very well. There are two brackets that you fit in the latter stages to 'tie in' the mud deflectors, in my opinion the angles of the bends are way out - impossible to fit.

19. Did you have to remove the Lug on the underside of the mudguard, if not I guess the bracket has been modified..?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information