1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dtc For 2011 Sf1098

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by aryobimo911, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Firstly, Hello to all i'm new member from Indonesia, so i want to ask something about DTC that,
    I just bought used sf 1098 and i'm just wondering to install DTC for my sf, is there anyone knows what it exactly needs to install DTC for my bike? And is it will work properly? Thx

2. You've bought a standard model and you want to fit the DTC from the S? Forget it. Sell it and buy the S. You'd need to change the ECU and the instrument panel (which alone is £630) and buy all the sensors and wiring as new parts. (If you can find them). It would cost a fortune. I'm not sure you wouldn't have to change the wheels as well.
    Alternatively, just ride it as it is. The SF doesn't need TC. There so much feed back from the engine and the chassis.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thx.. for the advice. I thought it just need to remap the ecu and find some dtc used parts.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. You may be able to remap the ECU. But the ECU isn't the biggest issue really. I'm almost certain you will have replace the dash as there are different functions on the S dash, and they are expensive. I'm only surmising, I might be wrong and its worth making further enquiries with independent Ducati experts, but to me the job sounds like a potential nightmare.

5. Wouldn't it be easier and better to install aftermarket TC? If I heard it correctly, the Ducati TC is a rather crude and old fashioned system. The used words were: "DTC on a SF is a dentists best friend... It'll knock your teeth out on the dash". Something like Nemesis or Bazaz could do the trick and deliver better results.

6. So there is a aftermarket TC. Thanks for the info, i'll start to googling it.

7. Nemesis's price is as twice as bazaz, any idea what's the difference?

8. Biggest difference I can spot for now is the way it's set-up. Bazzaz uses RPM data and no extra sensors whereas Nemesis uses an array of sensors to detect wheelspin. Nemesis looks to be a bigger and more complex package (even using 1 cilinder de-activiation for so called soft cut instead of killing all of the spark).

But... this is what I've gathered from the respective websites I've linked. I don't have any hands-on experience.

ETA: read this for a bit more background info: Bazzaz Z-Fi Traction control, QS and Mapping - Page 1 - Biker Banter - PistonHeads

It seems the Bazzaz way by only detecting spikes in RPM is quite crude. Something like Nemesis would be your better and more complete bet according to those people in the know.

#9 Hostyle, Oct 19, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  9. Thank you so much. It's really helpful!!

10. You're welcome! Keep in mind though, that buying the kit is one thing. Setting it all up correctly is a whole other story, my first start would be to approach some racers who use aftermarket TC and ask their experiences and who sets up their gear. No point in buying any of this and then not be able to use it ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information