1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 899 Auto Blipper Box

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Neilkemp89, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Evening,

Looking for some advice on the bike sport development 899 auto blip downshift module the pro (with load cell).

Has anyone had this fitted if so do you need any other modifications to go along with it? I.e. Slipper clutch or can it work with the standard clutch?

Also is it worth the £800 and easily fitted?

Thanks
    Neil

2. Easy to fit and works fine with standard clutch.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Is there any more input on these from folks that have them fitted?

4. Had one on my 899,as said easy fit and worked fine with my slipper,smoother shifts than the standard up down blipper on my 1299,worth £800 probably not,but better than buying needless tat.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I bought one from a member on here, easy to install if you're used to taking the fairings off, just be patient. Mine is for an 899 and had the loom going to the tail unit (the 959 has a loom going to the headlight unit).

Mick at BSD was very helpful with any questions i had and replied promptly even at a weekend when i was trying to install it from the wrong instructions, even though it was a second hand unit. Sent the box and load cell off to him for the firmware upgrade and general check over and was turned around in a few days for about £30 (cheaper than buying the cable and i don't have a PC).

As for performance on the road i found it a bit gimmicky but addictive none the less. On track however it was a revelation. The downshift is very slick and stability for me going into a corner is greatly improved. I thought i would need a slipper as well but never had the rear lock up in corners where it previously did and I'm going in a lot quicker now (for me anyway).

Make sure the engine is up to temperature before using it without clutch though as i found mine didn't like it and you can't be lazy with the speed you move your foot to change gear, its not like a spring system. Mick at BSD has an article that explains this better than I am.

Definitely recommend this for track, you need to really want one for the road.

• Like Like x 1
  6. hope this works

Attached Files:

7. Thanks for that mate, great bit of info

Do Not Sell My Personal Information