1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Ducati 999r 03 Fairing Fitments Help On 05s ?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Duca999, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Hello

I have one question regarding the installation of 999R fairings on a 999S 05 model

I bought me a 999R bodywork from a 03 model that I would mount on my 999S 05 model yesterday, I unfortunately did not get it to fit perfectly. Found out that the front of my bike is wider than the 03-04 models so the side fairings will not quite fit.

I will only use the side 999R fairings on my bike. Does anyone know if it is possible to use 03 side fairing on 05 front if you are replacing the front frame to a 04 frame or something ?

or is there anyone here who has done the same as me that now what parts i need to buy to make it fit ? or is it only for me just to sell the carbon fairings [​IMG]

Thanks for answers

sorry for my bad english, hope you understand.

BR
    Kenny

2. You cant mix and match 03-04 with 05-06 without gaps. You can fit complete fairing but will need 03-04 front fairing supports.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. But do you know if i change the fairing support to 04 will my 05 front fairing fit ?

4. I think you need to change the fairing support to 03-04 as stated above.

5. Obv the support year must match the fairing year , maybe even the whole headlight unit , which is bloody expensive

6. 05 front fairing only fits 05 supports.
    03-04 front only fits 03-04 supports.
    You need a 03-04 front fairing and supports for proper fit to 03-04 sides.
    All headlamp buckets are same 03-06.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thanks for the great help here. I found out if I should have 05 front and fit with 03R side fairings I must have a 05R nose fairing I was told. For it is easy and customize everything of carbon fairings but not so easy, and mix with plastic and carbon on 05-06 models.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information