1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Cambridge Done Over

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Mr Tea, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Just went down there for a look see , as you do only to see the Police going through the usual as they have been hit last night.
    Don't know if it is the right thing to do to post what actually happened , but it made my eyes water when chatting to the staff.

THeir insurance will go up , then their prices will go up to counter it. Great.

The thing I struggle with is what you would do with the lastest spec DUcati if stolen. It's not like the old days when bits could be taken off and sold and you wouldn't know right from wrong but with all the electricery it's all traceable .
    I don't get it .

2. Depends what they have stolen, but second hand prices for fairings and wheels etc are still pretty good for Panigales (1299S wheels second hand going for as much as £1800, complete fairings for £1000, tanks for £700)...
    It all adds up if you know where to get rid of it.

3. W*nkers :(

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Wonder if it's the same Cvnts that did Manchester, wankers :Rage:

5. Like a lot of stolen, high value vehicles, those bikes will probably be 'exported' to countries that have less stringent vehicle controls.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bas***ds. As if it's not hard enough for people to make an honest living these days without hving to deal with this.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. went in today to confirm my order of a new M821- i won't go into the details as it is not my place: I really feel for the guys that work there and have had to deal with it in the early hours of Saturday and sort the aftermath, this sort of crime really isn't victimless..

Good news though: 1 tracking device ensured 2 of the bikes were recovered quickly and 2 arrests have been made - it was enough to convince me to put it on the new bike - good investment? well probably not: Insurance i know will cover for a replacement bike, and the likelyhood of getting a bike back without some kind of damage is unlikely even if it is just the way it is manhandled into the back of a van prior to get away.

But in the event it is pinched i hate to think of the bastards getting away with it and this at least could end up getting them off the streets for a few hours before our shitty justice system slaps them on the wrist and send them on their merry way!

• Like Like x 1
  8. That is good news and the answer to your questions is not an investment but piece of mind. Enjoy the Monster. Andy

9. yes, that's great.
    that's kinda what I was thinking with modern bikes with all their electrickery , is it not easy to put them on as standard ? Anti wheelie, anti spin, lets see trackers but with the option of the owners switching then on to keep the pc police happy

10. Bike theft is getting ridiculous. I feel sorry for anyone who has a bike stolen. Hopefully in this case all bikes were insured and owned by the dealer and no customer bikes went as that would be a very difficult situation....

Off topic but it does always amaze me how little anti-theft is built into new bikes compared to cars. Given the cost of bikes and potential savings in insurance I wonder why nothing is done? I guess they can sell them without it so why bother? Cars still get stolen though so nothing is 100%.

I wonder if the new "crash alert" systems as fitted to BMWs can track a bike if stolen, or only when the thieves crash.....

11. Biketrac is what you want..... and you can get it fitted free to new 959's....
    BikeTrac

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Many are taken overseas where no questions are asked and just being in possession of the bike is deemed enough to warrant their countries log book.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. The best news is that 2 arrests have been made. That should lead to the rest of the gang.

You're not telling me it's a coincidence that Ducati Cambridge were done, Balderston's BMW Peterborough (apparently) were done and Ducati Manchester over Easter. Didn't I read somewhere that Wolves or Coventry got done as well recently. And of course Chiz got done!

London bike theft is an epidemic.

Very likely the same lot or may well be connected. I'd like to know what happens to these morons. They make my blood boil.

Cut their 'ing hands off, sling them in the Nic and chuck away the key.

On second thoughts, I'm getting too liberal.
    That's too good for them.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information