1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebay Brake Levers

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by sav996, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Just had a look on line I can get a pair of V-Trev levers from their site for £77, down from £120ish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. You mean V-trec surely? Or is V-trev the shonky fake version :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Haha! Bloody V-trev [emoji23] What a tool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. I would guess that most people change their OE levers because they want something that looks more trick and bespoke than stock,that stands out from the crowd,i can maybe see why someone would want to swap them cos they don't provide a good grip or are too hard to pull back/not enough span etc...but at the end of the day the OE's were designed to be used on the bike in question, Chinese levers provide an alternative shape/colour combination for a really low price, but mostly they all look the same as each other, i fitted the Gilles levers to my bike because they are totally different to anything out there and I like to be a bit different ,there's nothing wrong with Chinese items, but if we all fitted them we would be defeating the original objective of being different to the next man....hope all this makes sense,i've been on the pop most of the afternoon...hic!

#44 yellowducmaniac, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. I dunno, imo if changing levers you might as well convert them to folding types:
    IMG-20170305-WA0005.jpg

6. Is that snake skin? Now everyone will want them! :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Carbon fibre dear boy

8. :Finger::Watching:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Has any of you that have bought the V-trec levers used the plungers and cylinders that come with the lever or have you changed the plungers from the OEM Brembo levers to the V-trec levers?

10. I'm using the plungers that came with the levers.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. I noticed that the plungers were adjusted all the way in for shipping, which meant that the cylinder was essentially locked in place. So in order to make the cylinder and plunger pivot with the lever pull I had to back them out a little bit. Did you do any measuring on the plunger adjustments? I sort of eyeballed the length to be the same as the brembos and just installed them. Obviously getting them wrong can cause brake drag and clutch slip, so I was wondering if there was some more scientific method in determining the correct length?

12. I just matched them up by eye.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Do Not Sell My Personal Information