1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Engine Stalled While Clutch In (occasionally)

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Oeths, Sep 6, 2016.

1. I don't want to have battery drain issue that's why i wired the power line to ignition

2. You won't. This is specifically designed so when ignition is off the power is off.

• Like Like x 1
  3. It's the same feed the Sat nav uses under the front left hand panel.
    Do a search on installing the Sat Nav and you will find some pictures.

4. I just checked the user manual page 329, it says that "Do not plug in any accessory while the engine is off, it may drain the battery"

5. The dealer is talking nonsense. I had the exact same problems you describe straight out of the box when I bought the bike. Ducati do not know what the problem is it seems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mine is installed and has been for both bikes, never s flat battery even after couple months of inactivity.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I believe the plug on the right of the clocks is can bus. It shuts off power within a minute or two of bike power off. My gps stays plugged into that socket in the on position. No problems after 10k miles.

• Like Like x 1
  8. It's not clutch drag is it? If the clutch is dragging it could slow the engine revs to the point where it stalls.

I'm wondering about the slave cylinder or possibly the master cylinder.

Does the problem ever happen in neutral, or only when you pull the clutch in when in gear as you said in your first post? I'm wondering if the electrics are a red herring.

9. I think so too
    The way they talk is like telling me this will void the bike's warranty.
    But the ECU runs like normal after the camera is removed.
    If they really replace the damaged ECU and the problem still there then im gonna get a lawyer for this .

10. Get what the dealer is stating in writing.

11. Thanks for the info !

I'll try to use the USB port after i get back my bike

No, the rpm suddenly go low when you clutch in and died
    So far nv happen in neutral.

Noted !

12. Do you have a fast idle lever?
    If so, I wonder what would happen if you were to raise the idle speed by a couple of hundred rpm - if it is sensitive enough to allow that.

13. What is fast idle lever?
    you mean the air bleed screw?
    Already suggested to dealer.
    My bike idle speed seems ok, always hovering around 1300-1400rpm

14. No, the rpm suddenly go low when you clutch in and died
    So far nv happen in neutral.

If it has never happened in neutral, doesn't that exclude switches and most other things you've tried to eliminate? As several have suggested it could be a slightly dragging clutch - where is the bite point? Are you sure you're pulling the lever in far enough every time? If it doesn't happen in neutral, when there is no gear engaged, it could be where to start your investigation.

• Like Like x 1
  15. My 999 has a lever on the left hand bar, which some mistake for a choke lever but all it does is raise the idle speed. Your idle speed sounds pretty high already though.

16. Interesting point. The acid test for drag is whether you can engage neutral at rest easily. If you can't, your clutch is dragging.
    From the video I've seen though, the motor died while the bike was moving at a fair rate. I wouldn't expect clutch drag to slow the motor, never mind stop it under those circumstances.
    That it only does it in gear could be a very good clue though.

17. The stall happen in 2nd gear and 1st gear most of the time when coming to stop. I don't coasting in neutral very often.
    I have adjusted the lever further away, same thing happen.
    I've been riding it for 10k KM, I know where is the biting point.
    Dealer say there is no problem with the clutch lever.

The latest status is the air intake temperature sensor is acting up again after the replacement last Saturday.

18. Yes I can find neutral easily at stationery and moving

19. May be worth trying coasting in neutral and see if it still dies. Way back in pages it was mentioned that a guy changed clutch levers and it had a big affect. I know you haven't changed yours, but we all know the factory like a Fri lunchtime drink with their pasta...If if it still happens when coasting can't be clutch

20. As Ive said before, my daughter's Ford Fiesta had exactly this problem and the cure was to remove the ecu fuse for a few minutes, then replace it and allow the motor to idle for 15 minutes without touching the throttle.
    This allowed the ecu to relearn its idle settings and cured the problem.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information