1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epic Touring Thread From Bloke In Cali

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Weeksy, Mar 11, 2015.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  1. It certainly is! I've read the whole thing so far.... Not going so well now he's over here unfortunately

2. I told him to make his way and spend a few days in Goring :)

3. I notice one of the contributors to the thread was 'Antihero', who documented a very interesting journey coast to coast in USA on a new Panigali a couple of years ago. Well worth a read if you have the time.

4. Got that wrong. It is about Antihero. Great read.

5. Only on page 8 of 30something but loving it. Great, thoughtful writing and fantastic photos.

I remember reading a great piece in a UK bike mag in the last year or so about someone riding a Panigale across the US - wonder if it's the same guy?

It's giving me itchy wheels again, though sadly my next trip to Italy in a couple of weeks will involve Ryanair and a cheapy Fiat hire car, rather than taking the Monster.

6. Yup, same guy.

7. He's done some awesome stuff. He released a book documenting the US journey. Ducati invited him to the release of the Panigale R at Circuit of the Americas as a thanks for the extra publicity. There's a vid of it on youtube.

8. Finally got to the end of his current Euro tour posts on the other forum.

If he's in the UK at the mo (or back imminently) we've got to try and arrange some sort of meet up with him!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I think he's in Ireland now.

10. I've offered him a few days B&B and spanner time etc.

11. Keep me posted Weeksy - if you're in Goring that's not a million miles from me.

Thanks again for posting a link to his thread on the other forum - I wouldn't have stumbled across it otherwise.

12. I think that the coast to coast trip was some of the best travel writing ever. I thoroughly enjoyed his tales,excellent photography, and insights.

Just started on the U.k stuff now.

Didn't realize you were in Goring Weekys, I'm a stones throw away.

13. Only till next week. Pick up keys for new house on Thurs. Then in village on the other side of Streatley. Only 5 miles or so though.

14. Only just started his coast to Coast thread but enjoying it hugely.

15. Well all 138 pages done and all I can say is if you haven't read his rr your missing out.

He has a gift for writing in a style so easy to read that leaves you wanting to read more and more .

16. The most recent post on AntiHeroX's round the world thread on ADV rider is someone saying "good to meet you at the AceCafe in London today" as if Dennis is now back in Blighty!

17. I know he was due back in Ireland a few days ago.

18. quite inspiring would like to ask loads of questions and really looking forward to my trip to scotland and Skye even more now
    maybe keep a blog even if just for myself

19. i though it was fairly poorly written , but looks like i am on my own

Do Not Sell My Personal Information