1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever The Optimist Part 3.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by mervyn, May 27, 2016.

1. Since my starting on new medication in February I have had a very much roller coaster of a ride.:(
    Today I had a ride of a different sort and went out for an adventure on my HP2.:)
    I didn't know what to expect of this strange bike,but within 5 mins I was just so pleased.Difficult to put into mere words,but the bike rode just as well,if not better,than it looks.
    I was a bit apprehensive that the bike might be too much for me,not a bit of it.I took it carefully for the first few miles,waiting for those traffic lights to go out on the dashboard,then opened it up,just a little mind you.Ooh,this is nice,lets try the shift assist,ha ha.
    I very much enjoyed my first ride on the bike,quite comfortable as well,and not too noisy.A nice bit of pop and bang on the overrun,very much grin making.
    All to soon my adventure was over,but I will patiently wait for the next outing.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 15
  2. Well done Merv :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Could you manage an outing to the Diesel Bike meeting tomorrow (Saturday) at the Wisborough, Newpound, near Billingshurst @mervyn ? Say 2pm?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Way to go Mervyn, really pleased you enjoyed the ride and the bike. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. :upyeah:Good on ya.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Awesome! So glad the HP2 lived up to expectactions, and that you're getting to enjoy riding it as well as looking at it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Hi Peter.If I am up to it I would be delighted to meet you at the Diesel Bike meeting tomorrow, about 2pm .
    If I do make it I will be on a red Scrambler Icon.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Excellent. If I am up to it, I will be on a red Multistrada. I am hoping @Chris will also be there.

9. Okay dokay.

10. I hope you guys feel up to going out :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Well done ...I'm biting at the bit to emulate you out riding, I'm downgrading,the 848 is going I'm gutted but rvf400 will get me going touchwood ...slowly slowly :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Slowly slowly is the way to go.I wish you all the best.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Well done @mervyn, glad your out and about ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Good to hear things are looking up and you're getting out and about again.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Well,it is still raining with lots of big black ones scudding around.I will not be going out on the bike today :( My confidence levels are not up to wet and greasy roads yet,so I will have to wait for my next outing when weather is better.

• Love You Love You x 1

16. Wise move , secure more brownie points banked from Mrs mervyn for use when the sun does shine!

• Like Like x 2
  17. What a pity, it only rained very briefly then the weather was hot and sunny for the rest of the afternoon. Oh well.

There were dozens of diesel bikes and outfits of various specifications, including some from Netherlands, Germany, etc. Met up with @Chris .

• Like Like x 1
  18. It's another day getting stronger/better under your belt,it will only enhance the ride when you board...positives only positives are allowed :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Way to go Merv
    Keep going forwards

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Totally understood Mervyn - roll on the next opportunity.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information