1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excessive wind ('uncledons' wings/wind deflectors)

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by chickenman, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Well, took my bike in for a service and came away with a new 2013 model Multistrada so now have a set of "as new" Mark 2 wind deflectors, as pictured in earlier threads, surplus to requirements. These will come complete with the original ss fixings + black bolts and washers. Anyone interested @ £ 35.00 posted to UK?.

2. Yep, I'll give them a go. - pm to follow.

3. Sold to Wrecked. Cheers :smile:

4. Fitted wind deflectors as well Wind deflectors.jpg Wind inside.jpg Wind d2.jpg

Wind d2.jpg

Wind deflectors.jpg

Wind inside.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. I've just fitted the latest Wind Deflectors and I am really happy with them (2011 S Touring). Fitting was a breeze, and they do exactly as promised and reduced the amount of side to side buffeting that I was suffering from previously. I've got them fitted with a DP Touring screen (one third up the adjustment range) and Aztec spacers and I'm really happy with the result. I just need to put some black bolts now to finish the job off properly (why on earth do they supply silver ones???).

6. Yeah.. Why supply silver bolts when all other bolts on the bike are black!

7. I shall wait for the mk3 versions with black bolts then!!

8. Haha! Good call Bob!

9. Trying not to buy the new ones but the fitting looks a lot easier!

10. A doddle, 2 min job!

11. Yeah cheers! ;)

12. Actually, I reckon you'll need to wait for the Mk4's - I had a few weeks extra wait for mine when I ordered them a few weeks ago and got this message from ESA.... "another customer noticed that the RH side deflector has a small gap where it fits along the screen bracket.
    So I was getting the moulds re-made again to correct the gap."
    So, I think technically I have some Mk3's
    :biggrin:

Steve

13. I just got my wings and short screen fitted last week. They work great ! I had to wait six bloody months until I got to fit them due to being away working, damn I missed riding the mutley. So I had to come and find this thread to expound my happiness only to find I am 3 generations behind in wing development before they were even fitted! WTF. :D. Seriously well done making these, my riding is so much more comfortable and my already dodgy hearing thanks you. Eh?Bingbong

14. Seriously well done making these, my riding is so much more comfortable and my already dodgy hearing thanks you. Eh?Bingbong[/QUOTE]

Maybe being a campanologist wasn't a wise choice...bingbong....lol

Enjoy :D

15. Hi looks like this thread is a few months old now but....does anyone know where I can source a set of these wind deflectors? dark persex preferred. Thanks

16. Seconded, they make a noticeable difference

17. Hi Dave
    If you haven't ordered from Eagle yet I can offer you a set of mine (black) just as you see them at the start of this thread.
    Their angles have been fine tuned and totally eliminate buffeting.
    PM me if you are interested.
    Don

• Like Like x 1
  18. I may be in the market for some too. Have a 2010 with a DP screen. Bad shoulder buffeting from the gaps. If Dave has already ordered, and they fit mine, let me know.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information