1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excessive wind ('uncledons' wings/wind deflectors)

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by chickenman, Aug 27, 2012.

1. My birthday today, got home from work to a present from chickenman. My wings are here! Will give them a go tomorrow. Thanks

2. Is there a set of these type of wings that fit a 2013 4 hole screen bike.

I have searched the site and not found any :(

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.. cheers

Stu..

3. #264 Oktay, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  4. @Oktay a pm is on its way, pm me for more info.

#265 chickenman, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Chickenman Any plans to make these for the DVT?

6. No, they have a different screen adjustment system, and hay, I thought Ducati had fixed the wind problem on the DVT :anguished:

7. If they fixed them on the DVT I dread to think what they were like on the previous model....

8. For me it was atrocious which I never experienced on any other bike I owned, now i'ts dream to ride with the "wings" :smile:

9. So, none for the dvt? Searched but didn't find any! :(

10. Looks like the Supersport will need something similar, it has a similar waisted screen that looks nfg.

11. I did about 25 miles on a SS last weekend - didn't find the screen too bad - more like my ST4S than my Multi, with the airflow at speed taking some of the weight.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. You must have been at the Green Welly too :)
    I also took out the Supersport and loved it. I came in after the 25 miles and immediately went out on the MTS950. The very first thing I was aware of was the wind noise. I couldn't believe that after all the complaints about turbulence and wind noise on the early models that, 7 years on the new model is as bad as ever!
    The end result is that my Multi is now for sale and I intend to buy a Supersport with the touring pack :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Derek, Indeed I was - this doesn't happen to be you, does it? (happy bloke on a Supersport)
    20170422 1781.jpg

I too absolutely loved the Supersport. However, it's too short in the arse for me: Ducati has succumbed to the fashionista temptation to truncate the rear end of the machine, meaning that the pillion seat is laughably short and that the rider's footpegs are too far forward, by 50-75mm. And that won't be easy to rectify, for two reasons: 1) (and incredibly) the footpeg mounts are cast into the engine side plates, so the only way to add rearsets would be to replace the entire engine side plates. 2) the short pillion accommodation means that the pillion pegs would then be far too close to the rider's feet. For me, once again, Ducati has shot itself in the foot by following fashion over function.

14. No that's not me. I don't know which day you were there but I was on the Saturday.
    Being somewhat sort in the leg, the Multi has always been a challenge for me. Although I've got used to the height I have always got to be aware of uneven surfaces, especially when getting on/off the bike. The Supersport low 810mm seat height was a boon and it fitted me like a glove. I think it's the first time ever that I've got onto a bike and everything just fell into place like it had been built to fit me. My wife will ride on the Scrambler but won't come on any of my other bikes so the poor pillion accommodation isn't going to bother me as very seldom carry a passenger.

15. I was there first thing on Saturday - I'm local, so just a short blast up the road for me - I was able to get rides in before the weekend traffic built up and before the Plod got themselves organised.

For what you're saying, the Supersport makes complete sense - it was otherwise an absolutely lovely machine, with neutral handling, the compliance and control of the Öhlins suspension and just enough power that you could actually feel you were working it on the public road, unlike (say) a Panigale, which doesn't wake up and take an interest until you're into the incarceration zone.

I'm 6' in old money, with a 34" inside leg, hence my issues with the footpeg positioning. My OH doesn't have her own bike (yet), hence the need for decent pillion accommodation.

16. This is a multistrada thread?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information